KC Royals Rotation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

KC Royals Rotation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

KC Royals Rotation

Postby Lime » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:48 pm

What it should be:

1. Greinke
2. Hernandez
3. Anderson
4. Lima
5. Wood

Though on Roto Times and Royals.com, Gobble is almost assurred a spot, but why? He's been minimally impressive in the majors so far. How will some time in AAA hurt?
Lime
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 270
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: London, Ontario

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:45 pm

you are prolly a blue jays fan, right?

i dunno how much you follow the jays, but did you happen to see the game gobble pitched against the jays in the beginning of may at the skydome? i think he pitched 8.2 innings before giving up a run, then guiel hit a HR in extra innings to win the game. gobble didn't get the win and only struck out 1 batter, but he had outstanding control. well, it's one of those games that get stuck on your head and after that day i started to pay attention to this kid.

anyways. rotoworld says the rotation at KC is

lima, greinke, anderson, appier and somone else...gobble or hernandez or wood or snyder...dunno who will end up with the job...

it's tough to go after a KC pitcher other than greinke, but you never know. remember when hernandez was a fanatsy stud for a about a month a couple of years ago? :-)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 200)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby so0perspam » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:46 pm

The rotation will be:
1. Z. Greinke
2. B. J. Anderson
3. J. Lima
4. R. Hernandez
5. J. Gobble
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby LBJackal » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:53 pm

I remember that game Gobble pitched... and I don't know why we couldn't hit of of him, he wasn't doing anything special. I don't think he's that good, but it's just me. If he tries to go an entire game only K'ing one batter, he's gonna get rocked a lot more often than not.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby Lime » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:32 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:you are prolly a blue jays fan, right?

i dunno how much you follow the jays, but did you happen to see the game gobble pitched against the jays in the beginning of may at the skydome? i think he pitched 8.2 innings before giving up a run, then guiel hit a HR in extra innings to win the game. gobble didn't get the win and only struck out 1 batter, but he had outstanding control. well, it's one of those games that get stuck on your head and after that day i started to pay attention to this kid.



Does that mean you started to pay attention to every starter that faced the Jays last year? :*)
Lime
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 270
Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: London, Ontario

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:49 pm

Lime wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:you are prolly a blue jays fan, right?

i dunno how much you follow the jays, but did you happen to see the game gobble pitched against the jays in the beginning of may at the skydome? i think he pitched 8.2 innings before giving up a run, then guiel hit a HR in extra innings to win the game. gobble didn't get the win and only struck out 1 batter, but he had outstanding control. well, it's one of those games that get stuck on your head and after that day i started to pay attention to this kid.



Does that mean you started to pay attention to every starter that faced the Jays last year? :*)


LOL. pretty much. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 200)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby Tavish » Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:58 pm

so0perspam wrote:The rotation will be:
1. Z. Greinke
2. B. J. Anderson
3. J. Lima
4. R. Hernandez
5. J. Gobble


That looks about right, although BJ (how fitting) probably won't make it as long as he did last season in the rotation. Wood should make enough of push to knock one of the starters out, my guess would be its BJ that goes. If Appier makes it on the roster I doubt he would do much more than long relief.
Image

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 11068
(Past Year: 26)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mcmahojl » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:13 am

Does the rotation of KC pitchers really matter? You guys can fight over those guys. I will stay away. :-P
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 458
Joined: 6 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Right Field


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Sep. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Cincinnati at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Boston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Milwaukee at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Texas at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
LA Angels at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
San Francisco at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Seattle at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Washington at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Arizona at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact