Keeper Leagues - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Keeper Leagues

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper Leagues

Postby zippy36 » Sun Sep 15, 2002 5:40 pm

Can anyone tell me where to join a keeper league? Are there any free ones on like Yahoo or do you always have to pay? If someone could please tell me where I could find one to join, it'd be much apprechiated.
zippy36
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sun Sep 15, 2002 6:28 pm

Well, the best way would probably be to write a post in our Classifieds section - many keeper leagues will be looking to replace players during the off-season, or be starting from scratch. Also check occasionally to see if others are looking for teams to join their leagues. I assume that the greatest activity in the Classifieds section will next February and March, but checking in occasionally before then can't hurt.

There are certainly many free keeper leagues around. A lot of those use free services such as yahoo, but just keep track of keeper rosters and any special rules such as salaries manually. I believe sandbox, for instance, also runs free public keeper leagues without any manual book-keeping required, but the number of keepers is very limited (haven't played sandbox in a while, so you may want to check the parameters yourself).

Many keeper leagues use an auction draft format, by the way - you may want to include your location in the Classified if you wish to include leagues with live, in-person auctions.

Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers