SP-R.HALLADAY
SP-OD.PEREZ
SP-J.LIEBER
SP-T.WAKEFIELD
RP-B. LOOPER
RP-T.HOFFMAN
RP-D.KOLB
RP-T.WORRELL

*personally im worried most is pitching, generally you can allways get wins throughout the season..your oppinion is appreciated
PLAYBALL!
jockitch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Morrison8312 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:28 am

Not a bad team at all. I agree you need pitching but if Halladay returns to form you shouldn't do too bad. I am worried about Wakefield. He might not start for the Red Sox. Is there any sleepers available like Danny Haren?
Morrison8312
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: please rate my team

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:41 am

jockitch wrote:*ROTISSERIE*
C- J. MAUER
1B-A.HUFF
2B-B.BOONE
3B-A.BELTRE
SS-M.JEJADA
OF- J.PIERRE
OF-T.HUNTER
OF-K.GRIFFEY JR
UTIL- H.BLALOCK
SP-R.HALLADAY
SP-OD.PEREZ
SP-J.LIEBER
SP-T.WAKEFIELD
RP-B. LOOPER
RP-T.HOFFMAN
RP-D.KOLB
RP-T.WORRELL

*personally im worried most is pitching, generally you can allways get wins throughout the season..your oppinion is appreciated

You have players with potential upside like Mauer and Halladay. I just see so many question marks in your roster. With injuries, etc., you never know what will happen. Still, I like to have a couple more proven guys.

Your outfield looks weak, outside of Pierre. I'd try and deal Blalock or Beltre for a top OF. If not, check the WW for someone - Hidalgo, maybe - in case Jr. goes down. If Halladay rebounds your SP is fair-good, but not stellar. And Boone maybe a victim of a now steroids-free life.

I think you could be competitive. Maybe, middle of the pack in a 12 team league, but not higher than 4th. Just means your work's not over yet. I've started with worse and won. Just be shrewd using the WW.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Dr. Obvious » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:09 am

Like you said, your biggest question marks is definitely your SP, but I'd be worried about some of those position players too. It looks like you've got a lot of high-risk, high-reward players, between Mauer, Griffey, and Boone. I've got a feeling Boone will get more pitches to hit now that the M's lineup is more threatening with Beltre and Sexson, but I'm not so sure about the other two.

Who's on your bench? If they're non-factors, then I have to agree with what Nettles said: try and unload Blalock for some insurance for your outfield, or maybe try and package him with Mauer for an outfielder and a catcher.

Pitching needs some help for sure, especially with Wakefield competing with Arroyo for the last rotation spot on the Sox (and personally, I think Arroyo has a good shot at winning). And who knows if Halladay will rebound or how Lieber will do in Philly? Your RP looks okay, although none of them besides Kolb are likely to get you a whole lot of saves, and Kolb won't get you many K's.

Beyond what I've said above, my best advice is to scour the wire for sleepers. In fact, it would help tremendously if you could tell us how many people are in your league and who the notable names still available are.

You've got a lot of work ahead of you, but with a few smart trades and waiver wire moves, you can get yourself into this.
Dr. Obvious
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Thanks everyone

Postby jockitch » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:25 pm

I appreciate all the info. Im glad I wasnt far off from what my plan of attack is. There is alot of wishfull thinking, Boone im going to give a brief shot just due to the extra help in the line up.

Boone is saying his steroid usage is not true, hes not kidding anyone. The guy had 8 seasons before he could hit above .300 or hit 100 rbis. The guy I think gained 65 pounds from 2000-2001. Just my oppinion

thanks a ton
PLAYBALL!
jockitch
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team