A New Record!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

A New Record!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Fireball Express » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:48 am

I went to Catholic school my whole life (well 12 years plus 1st year of college). I've seen some creepy things.

Firstly, I can swear that the Nuns were all lesbians. At least most of them acted in a butchy way.

I went to an all guys school for HS (9-12). Most of the staff were brothers. There were also priests and lay teachers.

We had this one brother who either had the job of or took it upon himself to hand out towels after you took your required shower after gym class. What's wrong with just leaving them on a table or in a bin? :-? This guy always creeped me out.

My homeroom teacher in the 9th grade was also the Asst AD. One day I was reading a bulletin board and he pats me on the butt and says, "Is that all you?". :-o I replied, 'No I just took a dump in my pants." Now I was a total jock growing up. I understand that a pat on the butt is not an advance when it's game time. But in class it is uncalled for. To make a long story short 2 years later I noticed his lack of presence around the locker rooms/athletic offices. When I asked where he was I was told that he got transfered to a school in CA. Years later I learned what getting transfered meant.

I had a friend who lived a few blocks from school. One day he came home and found his Mom in bed with one of the brothers. That brother soon left the order. At least he was soing it with a woman. (I also think Catholic priests should be allowed to marry.)

Not that I have scars from any of this. I laugh at it now. I was actually glad when this scandal broke. Maybe now it will be kept in check. I pity those who hide such evil behind the cloth. Almost ironic in a sense. There are good priests. Too bad they have to live under this cloud created by a minority of their peers. Still, my faith remains unfazed.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:21 am

I also agree with letting them marry (women, of course). I don't think they should be allowed to have kids, because that would take up too much time which should be devoted to church/their congregation...however being married without children doesn't seem like any problem to me. In fact, I think it would solve a LOT of problems.

Also, I went to Catholic school growing up as well, and nothing bad happened to me, nor did I see anything bad happen to anyone else....from Priests, Sisters, Brothers, anything. I was even an Altar boy.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk