Pedantic wrote:
blankman wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:
blankman wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
blankman wrote:This is what I see:

Bonds- comments, steriods among other reasons
Pedro- comments, on field actions
Derek Jeter- jealousy and that he's the face of the franchise. no real action/comment to substantiate it.
Alex Rodriguez- comments, bc he's a Yankee now instead of a Red Sock. he'd be their (Sox fans) god if he played for that team
Clemens- on field actions, tough guy image, his "retirement"

People hate Jeter because he is vastly overrated, especially as a fielder, by the NY fans and media.

Ok. What I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with him as a person or player. There is nothing he does to bring the hatred. He doesn't seem to mind it though, as I can remember him saying that he viewed other teams' booing him as a sign of respect.

I dislike him because he once dated Mariah Carey, and I really, really dislike her. Silly? Sure.

I dislike Arod because of the slap.

I think you're probably overly sensative.

Honestly, the only team whose players I dislike are the Angels. Can't say why, exactly. I've got nothing against the team. I just dislike Angels and anyone who plays or played for them. I don't think I've ever drafted Edmonds, Erstad, Glaus, etc, etc, etc. I'd been drafting or trading for Vlad every year until last year. I can't explain it.

I'll own Yankees. I think you're overly being sensative, bucko.

I don't think I'm being sensitive at all here. I'm simply making a point about the actual reasons behind people not liking Derek Jeter. I think it can sort of be likened to here at the Cafe, Elisha. People like myself probably make too much of a deal about her that some people probably resent it; most likely they don't have a reason to actually dislike her, just the attention/praise she receives. I think this is nearly identical in this sense to Derek Jeter.

As for the Angels, I hate(d) those stupid Thunderstix :-[ :-t

I've always hated her. She just doesn't do it for me, y'know? ;-)

Thats not really the point I was trying to make :-/ I understand that its in jest though
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby roadrunner » Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:03 am

Any YANKEE especially the UNIT, hope SCHILLING pimp slaps you opening day. RICHIE SEXSON, can't wait to see him swing a bat again. JOSE CANSECO, it would be a pleasure to burn his book. MARK MACGUIRE for leaving the game like a sissy before all this really broke out, be interesting to hear BIG MAC'S take on the chapter in the book where CANSECO reveals how he and BIG MAC and PALMEIRO used to roll around on the floor in the handicap stall in their jock straps, sticking each other with one kind of juice or another. did i mention any YANKEES? any RED SOX all this hoopla about them beating the YANKEES in the A.L.C.S. like it means something, get real we all know the DIAMONDBACKS were the last team to beat the YANKEES when it counted in game 7 2001. ROGER CLEMENS for being an ex-YANKEE. ANDY PETTITTE ( DITTO). BILL BUCKNER for not being a YANKEE. etc. etc. etc.
roadrunner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:00 am

All the Bonds haters come crawling out again. It's comical. Never i have i seen a man hated for doing virtually nothing wrong. Has he ever killed his limo driver like NBA players do? Or kill someone in a nightclub like NFL linebackers do? Or maybe be like OJ, a cut above the rest. Bonds hasn't hurt anyone. He gives alot to charities. So he's surly and rude. So is RJ. And all this crying about roids and records. MLB encouraged it. Hate MLB instead.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:09 am

HOOTIE wrote:All the Bonds haters come crawling out again. It's comical. Never i have i seen a man hated for doing virtually nothing wrong. Has he ever killed his limo driver like NBA players do? Or kill someone in a nightclub like NFL linebackers do? Or maybe be like OJ, a cut above the rest. Bonds hasn't hurt anyone. He gives alot to charities. So he's surly and rude. So is RJ. And all this crying about roids and records. MLB encouraged it. Hate MLB instead.

Oh come on HOOTIE listen to yourself. You just described two isolated incidents involving two individual players but yet you imply that every NBA player and every NFL linebacker does those things, so how are you any better than the "Bonds haters"?
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby eftda » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:19 am

Its nice to see that people HATE actual people. Not disslike or not care for but HATE....

As for me, I don't care for bush league players. But behind every bush player there is a bush leaguer manager.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eftda » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:21 am

HOOTIE wrote:All the Bonds haters come crawling out again. It's comical. Never i have i seen a man hated for doing virtually nothing wrong. Has he ever killed his limo driver like NBA players do? Or kill someone in a nightclub like NFL linebackers do? Or maybe be like OJ, a cut above the rest. Bonds hasn't hurt anyone. He gives alot to charities. So he's surly and rude. So is RJ. And all this crying about roids and records. MLB encouraged it. Hate MLB instead.

MLB could have nipped this in the Bud... speaking of Bud... I would like to blame him.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby -Slap- » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:47 pm

I hate Jayson Williams and Ray Lewis and the clueless, starstruck juries that acquitted them. I think its time we had professional jurors in this country because this trial of your peers thing just doesn't get it done in celebrity cases.

I really don't understand the logic behind this other argument. The rules against steroids in MLB were lax, so its excusable for players to cheat using illegal controlled substances? Is that the defense the Bonds apologists are offering?
-Slap-
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers