Most hated player- - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Most hated player-

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Rhymes_T79 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:31 pm

any primadonna i absolutely hate with a passion!

bonds, arod, milton bradley....and

JOSE GUILLEN

dont ever bite the hand that feeds you!
Without ME it would just be AWESO.
Rhymes_T79
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lesgrant » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:42 am

All Red Sox except Manny.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:48 am

This is what I see:

Bonds- comments, steriods among other reasons
Pedro- comments, on field actions
Derek Jeter- jealousy and that he's the face of the franchise. no real action/comment to substantiate it.
Alex Rodriguez- comments, bc he's a Yankee now instead of a Red Sock. he'd be their (Sox fans) god if he played for that team
Clemens- on field actions, tough guy image, his "retirement"
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:52 am

blankman wrote:This is what I see:

Derek Jeter- jealousy and that he's the face of the franchise. no real action/comment to substantiate it.
Alex Rodriguez- comments, bc he's a Yankee now instead of a Red Sock. he'd be their (Sox fans) god if he played for that team

People hate Jeter because he is vastly overrated, especially as a fielder, by the NY fans and media.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:58 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:

People hate Jeter because he is vastly overrated, especially as a fielder, by the NY fans and media.

Ok. What I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with him as a person or player. There is nothing he does to bring the hatred. He doesn't seem to mind it though, as I can remember him saying that he viewed other teams' booing him as a sign of respect.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:08 am

blankman wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

Ok. What I'm saying is that it has nothing to do with him as a person or player. There is nothing he does to bring the hatred. He doesn't seem to mind it though, as I can remember him saying that he viewed other teams' booing him as a sign of respect.

I dislike him because he once dated Mariah Carey, and I really, really dislike her. Silly? Sure.

I dislike Arod because of the slap.

I think you're probably overly sensative.

Honestly, the only team whose players I dislike are the Angels. Can't say why, exactly. I've got nothing against the team. I just dislike Angels and anyone who plays or played for them. I don't think I've ever drafted Edmonds, Erstad, Glaus, etc, etc, etc. I'd been drafting or trading for Vlad every year until last year. I can't explain it.

I'll own Yankees. I think you're overly being sensative, bucko.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby blankman » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:17 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
blankman wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

I dislike him because he once dated Mariah Carey, and I really, really dislike her. Silly? Sure.

Honestly, the only team whose players I dislike are the Angels. Can't say why, exactly. I've got nothing against the team. I just dislike Angels and anyone who plays or played for them. I don't think I've ever drafted Edmonds, Erstad, Glaus, etc, etc, etc. I'd been drafting or trading for Vlad every year until last year. I can't explain it.

I don't think I'm being sensitive at all here. I'm simply making a point about the actual reasons behind people not liking Derek Jeter. I think it can sort of be likened to here at the Cafe, Elisha. People like myself probably make too much of a deal about her that some people probably resent it; most likely they don't have a reason to actually dislike her, just the attention/praise she receives. I think this is nearly identical in this sense to Derek Jeter.

As for the Angels, I hate(d) those stupid Thunderstix :-[ :-t
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby -Slap- » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:21 am

Bonds is a lowlife piece of trash. His comments about Ruth were totally classless. Totally inaccurate, too, as Ruth's numbers are far more impressive. Before his Balco transformation, nobody in their right mind was mentioning Bonds in the same breath as Ruth.

The Babe's lifetime slugging percentage was .690. Bonds never surpassed that mark in a single season until 2001*. That pretty much ends any rational comparison before it begins.
-Slap-
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedantic » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:22 am

blankman wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:
blankman wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:

I don't think I'm being sensitive at all here. I'm simply making a point about the actual reasons behind people not liking Derek Jeter. I think it can sort of be likened to here at the Cafe, Elisha. People like myself probably make too much of a deal about her that some people probably resent it; most likely they don't have a reason to actually dislike her, just the attention/praise she receives. I think this is nearly identical in this sense to Derek Jeter.

As for the Angels, I hate(d) those stupid Thunderstix :-[ :-t

I've always hated her. She just doesn't do it for me, y'know? ;-)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby blankman » Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:25 am

-Slap- wrote:Bonds is a lowlife piece of trash. His comments about Ruth were totally classless. Totally inaccurate, too, as Ruth's numbers are far more impressive. Before his Balco transformation, nobody in their right mind was mentioning Bonds in the same breath as Ruth.

The Babe's lifetime slugging percentage was .690. Bonds never surpassed that mark in a single season until 2001*. That pretty much ends any rational comparison before it begins.

:-o :-o Don't let wr or eftda see this :-o :-o

Don't get me wrong Slap, I very much dislike Barry Bonds for his comments, but you'll find that there are a few Barry-lovers here that will take issue with comments like this.

So just be prepared to defend your statements and ignore their (in substantial part) junk. ;-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers