Who shrunk this spring? (No more Juice?) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who shrunk this spring? (No more Juice?)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Sparkplugs » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:01 am

Rotoworld is reporting the Pudge Rodriguez came into camp this week at 193 lbs after playing last year at 215. That along with Canseco's allegations is a little concerning.
Sparkplugs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pochucker » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:36 am

Funny you should mention Marcus Giles , I have often heard of him as being one the ones on juice. I will definitely stay away from him on draft day.
Pochucker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby williesd » Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:53 am

Here's a link to a pic of Not so Pudge...

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/ml ... p?c_id=det
williesd
College Coach
College Coach

Postby riverrat » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:47 pm

looking more human every day!! They R saying Sam-me-me-me has lost more poundage too. Like to see a pic of him now. You should have seen him when he was with the WSox.
riverrat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Tribe-Fan » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:36 pm

I posted this in another thread, bit it belongs here as well.

I read today actually that Haffner discovered something amazing this off-season, vegtables, and that his altered diet had him losing weight. Here is the blurb from today's Cleveland Plain Dealer.

"Pass the veggies:

Hafner discovered something unusual last season - vegetables.

"In spring training, I talked to our nutritionist," said Hafner, "and I started eating better"

The conversation opened his eyes.

"I used to be on what I called my caveman diet," said Hafner. "I'd go to all those steak buffets. But when I started eating vegetables, I lost about five or 10 pounds. I'd order a side of or broccli and my friends would go crazy"

I wonder if they sit around thinking this stuff up. " Hey Haff, here is a good one, tell the media you discovered you like veggies now and that you lost weight because of it. Or maybe tell them you changed your workout but are really only down 5 pounds, but that didn't work to well with Giambi last year"

I was suspect of Haffner before I read this news today. I hate being cynical like that but the guy looked like Road Warrior Hawk for petes sake.

Edited to add the article quote
Eternal vigilance is the price of integrity.
Tribe-Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lenny Dykstra » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:54 pm

Tribe-Fan wrote:I posted this in another thread, bit it belongs here as well.

I read today actually that Haffner discovered something amazing this off-season, vegtables, and that his altered diet had him losing weight. Here is the blurb from today's Cleveland Plain Dealer.

"Pass the veggies:

"In spring training, I talked to our nutritionist," said Hafner, "and I started eating better"

"I used to be on what I called my caveman diet," said Hafner. "I'd go to all those steak buffets. But when I started eating vegetables, I lost about five or 10 pounds. I'd order a side of or broccli and my friends would go crazy"

I wonder if they sit around thinking this stuff up. " Hey Haff, here is a good one, tell the media you discovered you like veggies now and that you lost weight because of it. Or maybe tell them you changed your workout but are really only down 5 pounds, but that didn't work to well with Giambi last year"

I was suspect of Haffner before I read this news today. I hate being cynical like that but the guy looked like Road Warrior Hawk for petes sake.

dont they check for roids in the minors?
Lenny Dykstra
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tribe-Fan » Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:57 pm

Talk to anyone that has used roids and they will tell you most testing is a joke, and that only an idiot would get caught. They do test in the minors, but from what I am told that means nothing.
Eternal vigilance is the price of integrity.
Tribe-Fan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:31 pm

Tribe-Fan wrote:I posted this in another thread, bit it belongs here as well.

"Pass the veggies:

I just asked about Hafner in another thread last night. Thanks for the dish. I'd say this boosts Morneau over Hafner for those comparing. But, is Morneau just a corn fed country boy or are there questions about him?
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:21 am

Pudge is on a new ;-) ;-) diet

Down I think 20 pounds
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Woolly » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:24 pm

Updating the list:

*Eric Gagne - Chi-town Sports talk
*Brett Boone - we all knew he was on the way down from a few years ago
*Jeff Bagwell - we all knew he was on the way down from a few years ago
*Mike Piazza - Paul White Fantasy Baseball seminar
*Marcus Giles - Paul White Fantasy Baseball seminar
*Pudge Rodriguez - rotoworld and photo on the Tigers web page
*Sammy Sosa - No source, but suggestions that he is even smaller?
*Travis Haffner - He started eating "veggies" and shrunk - suspect
Woolly
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers