Rate these pitchers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rate these pitchers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby FarnsworthLESS » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:59 pm

Lofunzo wrote:To everyone ranking Perez so low, I bet that, at worst, he is #2 on that list next year. The only reason to put him lower on that list is because of wins but that is so overrated. He will get at least 14 wins next year. Are the few extra wins that the others might get really worth losing the other cats??

totally agree, he may slip do to the lack of Ws, nab him!!!
FarnsworthLESS
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Spartans Rule » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:59 pm

Lofunzo wrote:To everyone ranking Perez so low, I bet that, at worst, he is #2 on that list next year. The only reason to put him lower on that list is because of wins but that is so overrated. He will get at least 14 wins next year. Are the few extra wins that the others might get really worth losing the other cats??

Perez's 2004 was a bit of a mirage. He'll be near the top in Ks again, but the walk rate is too high to consistently support an ERA under 3. He was somewhat lucky last year, and I would not be shocked to see his ERA and WHIP move a bit in the wrong direction this time around.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:24 pm

Spartans Rule wrote:

Perez's 2004 was a bit of a mirage. He'll be near the top in Ks again, but the walk rate is too high to consistently support an ERA under 3. He was somewhat lucky last year, and I would not be shocked to see his ERA and WHIP move a bit in the wrong direction this time around.

How can you be so sure?? That kid finally showed what he could do over a full season last year.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby DSpec » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:45 pm

Sheets
Zambrano
Hudson
Peavy
Perez
Wood

Halladay
Burnett
Mussina
Clement
Pavano

Why is everyone ranking Halladay as number 2. He is definitely number 1 on that list. He had kind of a down year last year but will surely return to his cy young form. Burnett is still a high injury risk pitcher and no where near as consistent as Halladay.
DSpec
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Spartans Rule » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:49 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Spartans Rule wrote:

How can you be so sure?? That kid finally showed what he could do over a full season last year.

All I'm saying is that last year's core numbers (K rate, BB rate, HR rate) don't suggest a 2.98 ERA or a 1.15 WHIP. He needs to improve his control to repeat that.

Still a very good pitcher though.
Spartans Rule
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DK » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:43 pm

Spartans Rule wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Spartans Rule wrote:

All I'm saying is that last year's core numbers (K rate, BB rate, HR rate) don't suggest a 2.98 ERA or a 1.15 WHIP. He needs to improve his control to repeat that.

Still a very good pitcher though.

Where are you getting that from? His component ERA was 3.01, which is an insignificant difference in comparison to 2.98. Plus, you have to expect him to get better.

I've been calling this kid out since he was in the minors. I told you ALL!
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers