Beltran = Overrated - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beltran = Overrated

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:10 pm

The Kavorka wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
The Kavorka wrote:Spoken like a true Yankee fan who's arrogance knows no boundries. Why don't you check out how lefties fare at Sheas and then get back to us.

Yeah, I can tell you and all 3 of your posts know alot about me and my boundries...

I'll be here all year ajg. I'll find out soon enough about your boundries. Since I got your attention can you give me your expert Yankee opinion on Juice Boy Giambi this year? Projections?

I don't really care how long you'll be here. But when you obviously haven't been here long, I don't appreciate you labeling me "a Yankee fan whose arrogance holds no boundries".

BTW, nice attempt to attack me by bringing up the "Juice Boy Giambi" comment. I know what you're trying to do, but I'm bigger than that.

My opinion on Giambi is that I have none. I don't know what to expect. Nobody does. He could hit 25 homers, he could hit 5. There's no telling. I am rooting for him because he seems like a good guy. Sheffield is a jack@$$ for what he said, and he should be bashed 10x worse than Giambi, because he lied.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Viper8437 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:35 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
The Kavorka wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:
The Kavorka wrote:Spoken like a true Yankee fan who's arrogance knows no boundries. Why don't you check out how lefties fare at Sheas and then get back to us.

Yeah, I can tell you and all 3 of your posts know alot about me and my boundries...

I'll be here all year ajg. I'll find out soon enough about your boundries. Since I got your attention can you give me your expert Yankee opinion on Juice Boy Giambi this year? Projections?

I don't really care how long you'll be here. But when you obviously haven't been here long, I don't appreciate you labeling me "a Yankee fan whose arrogance holds no boundries".

BTW, nice attempt to attack me by bringing up the "Juice Boy Giambi" comment. I know what you're trying to do, but I'm bigger than that.

My opinion on Giambi is that I have none. I don't know what to expect. Nobody does. He could hit 25 homers, he could hit 5. There's no telling. I am rooting for him because he seems like a good guy. Sheffield is a jack@$$ for what he said, and he should be bashed 10x worse than Giambi, because he lied.

ive been here longer than him
and hes right :-D

anyway
what happened to the paper bag?
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:49 pm

Right about what? Arrogance? Please, show me some examples of this since you're so confident.

Paperbag deal is off once spring training begins, and it started yesterday.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:54 pm

LMAO. The bag comes off and Ajg returns.

Yawn. This topic has been done so many times it's getting boring. Beltran is a better top 4 pick than Arod. ;-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:02 pm

Im in more of the group with LBJ and CBM. I think he will be top 3 worthy, since he should have good numbers. .290, 30 HR, 40-50 steals, 100 runs and 110 RBI. But I'd rather have Pujols or Vlad.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby WittyC » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:03 pm

A-Rod has proven he had hit 55+ homeruns, and if it weren't for his NY-adjustment slump at the beginning of last year, he would have hit 45-ish easy last year. Beltran just had his best fantasy season as a pro and put up 38 jacks.

Obviously Beltran's average takes a dip when he's swinging for the fences, and in the number 3 hole for the Mets, they're going to expect 40+ jacks. So I can't understand how people are projecting increases in both average and homeruns (let alone stolen bases, since again, he'll be hitting number three with two base-stealers in front of him).

There is a good chance 'Los could hit .260 this season, and I'd rather not take a risk on a guy who's coming off a career year. A-Rod could break out and have a 55-130 kind of year. With unproven Kaz and Reyes hitting in front of him, do you think 'Los will even come close to that? Even if you project them similarly, A-Rod's got the higher ceiling by far.
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:03 pm

Amazinz wrote:LMAO. The bag comes off and Ajg returns.

Yawn. This topic has been done so many times it's getting boring. Beltran is a better top 4 pick than Arod. ;-D

I was here from October through December, you must have missed me.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:04 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:LMAO. The bag comes off and Ajg returns.

I was here from October through December, you must have missed me.

I did miss you. I yearned for you. :-D
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:06 pm

WittyC wrote:A-Rod has proven he had hit 55+ homeruns, and if it weren't for his NY-adjustment slump at the beginning of last year, he would have hit 45-ish easy last year. Beltran just had his best fantasy season as a pro and put up 38 jacks.

Obviously Beltran's average takes a dip when he's swinging for the fences, and in the number 3 hole for the Mets, they're going to expect 40+ jacks. So I can't understand how people are projecting increases in both average and homeruns (let alone stolen bases, since again, he'll be hitting number three with two base-stealers in front of him).

There is a good chance 'Los could hit .260 this season, and I'd rather not take a risk on a guy who's coming off a career year. A-Rod could break out and have a 55-130 kind of year. With unproven Kaz and Reyes hitting in front of him, do you think 'Los will even come close to that? Even if you project them similarly, A-Rod's got the higher ceiling by far.
Too bad he isn't in Texas anymore. Yankee Stadium is bad for right handed hitters, so I would say 35 homers is pretty accurate for ARod. And the SBs will be lower too.,
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:13 pm

Well, this thread is about Beltran but I do think A-Rod can put up 40-120-.295 with 10-15 steals. Which if compared to Beltran which I project at around 33-100-.280 and around 30 steals...means I'd put A-Rod over him.

I just don't see Beltran putting up these 40-40 type numbers that everyone seems to have him slated for. He's a much better player in real life than he is in fantasy IMO.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers