What's wrong with A-Rod??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's wrong with A-Rod???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby watts1931 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:22 pm

some notes worth mentioning.......a pitcher with high K's will be valuable for me. I plan on getting a good pitcher in the 2nd or 3rd round..................also Double Plays are valued here....that is why i am considering Arod at 3rd..............but what do you guys think overrall???
watts1931
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LBJackal » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:39 pm

I have absolutely no idea who the best choice would be with that system. You'd have to run it all through a spreadsheet, and I don't have time for that - so sorry, there's no way I could give a recommendation, especially with DP's being on ther, as well as other weird categories.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby watts1931 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:41 pm

well i added up points from last season, and got randy johnson having roughly 1100 total points (give or take a little)...and arod having around 830 points (give or take a little).......it seems randy dominated with points......but pitchers are very risky.....especially with a first overrall pick......
watts1931
College Coach
College Coach

Postby NZF » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:48 pm

Dude, you are regurgatating the same old stuff. You got your answer in the thread below that you initiated almost a week ago.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... ht=#708070
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DannyMyron89 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:19 pm

so you guys dont think 300-115-40-120- and 20 SB arent top three? because thats what i am projecting

i know beltran wont sniff those numbers...the guy hit 267 and I've seen him picked first overall in the rototimes mock draft...unbelievable!
how did colon win the cy young??

the world is comming to an end...woody paige has a Hall of Fame vote
DannyMyron89
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LBJackal » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:10 pm

DannyMyron89 wrote:so you guys dont think 300-115-40-120- and 20 SB arent top three? because thats what i am projecting

i know beltran wont sniff those numbers...the guy hit 267 and I've seen him picked first overall in the rototimes mock draft...unbelievable!

First of all, I think A-Rod will hit about .280, so since we have different projections, that's where the different rankings comes from. And if you think Beltran won't sniff those numbers, you'll be sorry once the season gets underway. He'll easily have better numbers than A-Rod in all categories except HR's. And he'll have 2 or 3 times as many SB's.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:15 pm

LBJackal wrote:
DannyMyron89 wrote:so you guys dont think 300-115-40-120- and 20 SB arent top three? because thats what i am projecting

First of all, I think A-Rod will hit about .280, so since we have different projections, that's where the different rankings comes from. And if you think Beltran won't sniff those numbers, you'll be sorry once the season gets underway. He'll easily have better numbers than A-Rod in all categories except HR's. And he'll have 2 or 3 times as many SB's.

I disagree entirely. I don't see Beltran beating A-Rod in any cat. except steals. But it's all a matter of opinion, and I'm probably putting Pujols-Vlad-ARod-Beltran as my order right now.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DannyMyron89 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:28 pm

i just dont see beltran outperforming arod in anything excpet stolen bases, i agree with you entirely...pujols vlad arod and beltran...
how did colon win the cy young??

the world is comming to an end...woody paige has a Hall of Fame vote
DannyMyron89
College Coach
College Coach

Postby duckbillgates » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:00 pm

Why, oh, why do people keep projecting A-Rod to only have 15 steals next year? Those projections are crap. Pencil him in for 25.
I've heard the arguments about steals declining at his age and about his three-year averages.
None of them account for a simple fact. The Yankees let their stars run. A-Rod has a low caught-stealing rate. Always has. He's running more, he'll steal more. The stats point to this. People who say otherwise are talking gut feeling, not stats.
Now that i have that off my chest, i couldn't begin to imagine who is worth more in a league that complicated. I hate those leagues. They're a mess. I wouldn't get in one if you paid me.
Now that i have that off my chest, Randy Johnson should score about a million trillion points in that configuration. I thought it was nuts for Santana to go that early, but I can see why.
duckbillgates
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby watts1931 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:41 pm

yeah, thanks for all the input.......i think ill go for a pitcher early i just dont think in the first round........reason being: pitchers are very risky.........with injuries and stats.......i can still get a real good pitcher in the 2nd or 3rd round.......so I think that is what i'll do
watts1931
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers