Which Keepers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Which Keepers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which Keepers?

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:05 pm

In our 5x5 keeper league in its 5th season, we get to keep 5 plus 1 rook/late pick, total of 6. Pitching is very thin as always and pitchers like Mulder, Mussina, Colon types are being kept. In fact, based on Yahoo rankings, the best available pitchers would be Pavano, Maddux, Livan, Buehrle, Escobar, Vazquez, Clement, Ru.Ortiz, Carpenter, Lilly, Thompson, Morris, D.Wells, Beckett, Zito... Burnett, Wright, Brown, Od.Perez will also be available.

That being said, my best players:

Arod
Soriano
Sheets (late pick)
MCab
Beltre
Blalock
Wood
Clemens

I have to keep the top 4 listed... I was leaning on keeping Beltre and Blalock, try to get a couple of pitchers in the first round. But there will be Beltre, Ichiro, Matsui, V.Wells, Blalock , Pierre, Sosa type hitters available if I keep Clemens and Wood instead.

What is my best strategy here? I am leaning more and more towards keeping Clemens and Wood instead now with the lack of depth in starting pitching. THoughts?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mannin52 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:51 pm

with hietter like that out there, go with keeping the pitchers! use the force and go with your instincts.
mannin52
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby biller24 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:01 pm

1. Arod
2. Soriano
3. Sheets (late pick)
4. MCab
5. Beltre

I would not just release Blalok though. Maybe try to package him with Wood or Clemens for a better pitcher, if that is permitted.
biller24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:01 pm

tough call yoda.

Arod
Soriano
MCab
Sheets - as your rookie :-b

It would be extremely difficult for me to tell you to drop Beltre - in fact I cant - you gotta keep him too. Tossing back the 25 yo HR leader from last yr would be a mistake.

That leaves the choice to be between Wood or Clemens, and I guess Id have to say go with Wood.

In the first rd you want Ichiro - badly. He will be the best available FA in your draft bar none. If he cant be had, I would go for Burnett and Beckett since those two stand out among the SPs you said would be available.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:18 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:tough call yoda.

Arod
Soriano
MCab
Sheets - as your rookie :-b

It would be extremely difficult for me to tell you to drop Beltre - in fact I cant - you gotta keep him too. Tossing back the 25 yo HR leader from last yr would be a mistake.

That leaves the choice to be between Wood or Clemens, and I guess Id have to say go with Wood.

In the first rd you want Ichiro - badly. He will be the best available FA in your draft bar none. If he cant be had, I would go for Burnett and Beckett since those two stand out among the SPs you said would be available.

Yeah I know you like Beltre and so do I... It's a tough decision and whoever I leave out won't make it back to me.

So the question I guess is, why would you keep Wood over Clemens?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby kentx12 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:53 pm

1. Arod
2. Soriano
3. Sheets
4. MCab
5. Wood
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team