Questions About 6X6 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Questions About 6X6

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Questions About 6X6

Postby CheeseBeger » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:23 pm

I am starting a H2H Yahoo league with some friends and some are pushing for adding two catagories, so what we have come up with is for batter OBP and for pitches Batting average against. Do you think these are good ones to add ( we dont want holds. )
One more question, does adding OBP make Barry Bonds the must-be #1 overall?
2010 H2HWS Champion - Cleveland Clams
CheeseBeger
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 1713
Joined: 21 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You don't need doubletalk! You need Bob Loblaw!

Postby Leiter Fan » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:25 pm

I actually use OPS instead of OBP as the sixth batting category - if it works for Beane. it works for me. :)

And why don't you want holds? that's the most sensible sixth pitching category to use.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1958
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Postby Cooner » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:58 pm

OPS and K/BB are my choices
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1028
Joined: 2 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: my home is in NYC, my heart is in PNC Park

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:31 pm

Cooner wrote:OPS and K/BB are my choices


meh. K/BB is implicitly accounted for by an innings limit and the Ks category by itself. theoretically, everyone will end up at or near the innings limit, so whomever has the most Ks also has the most K/BB...

anyhow, I'd go with OPS and holds, but if you don't like holds... then i guess BAA is good, too.
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Postby zeeko20 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:59 pm

George_Foreman wrote:
Cooner wrote:OPS and K/BB are my choices


meh. K/BB is implicitly accounted for by an innings limit and the Ks category by itself. theoretically, everyone will end up at or near the innings limit, so whomever has the most Ks also has the most K/BB...

anyhow, I'd go with OPS and holds, but if you don't like holds... then i guess BAA is good, too.


I disagree about the K/BB, unlike the others it is a rate stat. Examples from 2004:

Santana 228 IP, 265Ks, 4.9 K/BB
Sheets 237 IP, 264Ks, 8.29 K/BB
Schmidt 225 IP, 251 Ks, 3.26K/BB

I like K/BB as a category.
My name is zeeko20, and I'm a Jose Reyes-aholic.
[url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=800863#800863]Please Rate My Team![/url] :)
zeeko20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 54
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jacopo2155 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:43 pm

my league has been 6x6 the past two years and we use obp and k/bb basically because of tradition, but they are both good cats
Ezekiel 25:17
jacopo2155
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 223
Joined: 23 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cincy

Postby princethomas » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:50 pm

We added Holds last year. And everyone loved it. It adds another whole dimension to pitching. I hate the way middle relievers are useless in Fantasy Baseball. I totally recommend holds.
princethomas
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:51 pm

zeeko20 wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
Cooner wrote:OPS and K/BB are my choices


meh. K/BB is implicitly accounted for by an innings limit and the Ks category by itself. theoretically, everyone will end up at or near the innings limit, so whomever has the most Ks also has the most K/BB...

anyhow, I'd go with OPS and holds, but if you don't like holds... then i guess BAA is good, too.


I disagree about the K/BB, unlike the others it is a rate stat. Examples from 2004:

Santana 228 IP, 265Ks, 4.9 K/BB
Sheets 237 IP, 264Ks, 8.29 K/BB
Schmidt 225 IP, 251 Ks, 3.26K/BB

I like K/BB as a category.

oh, heck, i was thinkign of K/IP. HUGE difference there. :-)

K/bb is a much better stat to use. :-)
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4351
Joined: 16 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at Morimoto's, eating $50 worth of sushi

Postby zeeko20 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:33 pm

George_Foreman wrote:
zeeko20 wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:
Cooner wrote:OPS and K/BB are my choices


meh. K/BB is implicitly accounted for by an innings limit and the Ks category by itself. theoretically, everyone will end up at or near the innings limit, so whomever has the most Ks also has the most K/BB...

anyhow, I'd go with OPS and holds, but if you don't like holds... then i guess BAA is good, too.


I disagree about the K/BB, unlike the others it is a rate stat. Examples from 2004:

Santana 228 IP, 265Ks, 4.9 K/BB
Sheets 237 IP, 264Ks, 8.29 K/BB
Schmidt 225 IP, 251 Ks, 3.26K/BB

I like K/BB as a category.

oh, heck, i was thinkign of K/IP. HUGE difference there. :-)

K/bb is a much better stat to use. :-)


Oh that makes sense! Yes, K/IP would be redundant with an innings limit.
My name is zeeko20, and I'm a Jose Reyes-aholic.
[url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=800863#800863]Please Rate My Team![/url] :)
zeeko20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 54
Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact