What Makes Theese Yahoo Guys "Experts" - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What Makes Theese Yahoo Guys "Experts"

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:22 pm

I can't stand Funston.

I think the most important thing to do is just do your own research and go with your own judgements. However, since it's not feasible to be on top of ALL the information ALL the time, we sometimes look to these guys for some of their opinions. My advice is to treat this like you would treat anything else of value - shop around, and find out what the consensus is. Don't draft Crawford 4th overall because some "expert" did - look at a dozen mocks and see that he is more of 3rd rounder than 4th overall.

Goes back to that old cliche. Opinions are like ---------- everybody has one. :-b
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:24 pm

My definition of export is anyone that is little better than the average bear
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison Mayhem » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:26 pm

quietstorm wrote:The only Yahoo "expert" who I have any faith in is Brandon Funston.

I think the cafe should screen for people who put faith in Brandon Funston. Or maybe quietstorm IS brandon funston.
Yeah, I'm like being recruited by over
like 60 different gangs right now because of my incredible bow staff skills
Madison Mayhem
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby davidmarver » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:55 pm

quietstorm wrote:The only Yahoo "expert" who I have any faith in is Brandon Funston.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, o that was good.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby tlef316 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:08 pm

simply put, they are experts because they say they are. As a result, their material is put on the web for millions of fantasy players to read. They know as much, if not less than many people at the cafe. The only diference is they have all the time in the world to write about it.

Put 6 top cafe members in a league with Funston and crew, and im fairly confident we'd put up quite a battle, probably a victory.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby naturals23 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:15 pm

sounds like we have a couple of bitter fantasy players...and guarenteed you all would like to be a "yahoo expert" getting paid to write about this stuff

meanwhile people on this board would make fun of you for not knowing nuthin

expert=have won money from other owners...consistently!

like me
naturals23
College Coach
College Coach

Postby George_Foreman » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:45 pm

naturals23 wrote:sounds like we have a couple of bitter fantasy players...and guarenteed you all would like to be a "yahoo expert" getting paid to write about this stuff

meanwhile people on this board would make fun of you for not knowing nuthin

expert=have won money from other owners...consistently!

like me

well, yeah. the point is that they're no better than the rest of us, and the only difference is that they get paid and we don't. it's as simple as that. these guys have a "job" that is to watch games and look at stats and decide who is a good pickup. i think i'd probably be about as good as most of these fellows if i got to spend 40 hours a week "working" on this kind of thing.

honestly, what i would be ineterested in seeing is the fantasy articles guys like funston, karabell, etc. wrote before they got their gigs. now if that stuff was interesting, perhaps there's more too it. otherwise, as far as i can tell, they may have just had a lucky draft or 3 and won some leagues. imagine the resume line:

"Won Funky 14 Cafe leage 3 years strait"

or something to that effect. heck, maybe they just sat around and stomped yahoo pubby leagues. now THAT's easy. :-D
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:04 pm

Harmon isn't all that bad really....Some of his Articles are quite helpful.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:57 pm

kingctb27 wrote:Harmon isn't all that bad really....Some of his Articles are quite helpful.

harmon is a moron that knows nothing about fantasy, this whole offseason he just went by the players of each position of each team and wrote general facts about them, he didnt give his advice or his opinion at all, what a joke, i could do that crap it aint very hard to just list facts

Funston is just as bad, the guy is clueless

the reason these guys are experts is because
1. They might have a friend in the business at ESPN,Yahoo etc.
2. They started there own blog or website to publish there stuff which caught someones eye which i guarantee almost any of us guys here at the cafe could do
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby quietstorm » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:07 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:Harmon isn't all that bad really....Some of his Articles are quite helpful.

harmon is a moron that knows nothing about fantasy, this whole offseason he just went by the players of each position of each team and wrote general facts about them, he didnt give his advice or his opinion at all, what a joke, i could do that crap it aint very hard to just list facts

Funston is just as bad, the guy is clueless

the reason these guys are experts is because
1. They might have a friend in the business at ESPN,Yahoo etc.
2. They started there own blog or website to publish there stuff which caught someones eye which i guarantee almost any of us guys here at the cafe could do

Hmm... good idea... maybe I should change my blog into a fantasy baseball blog. I can write, and not only do I know at least one player from each team, but I also have the ability to check fantasy and baseball sites to form my own utterly unique opinions!
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers