Freel - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Freel

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:36 am

Thanks for the update Pogo...I've been saying all along (you may have been first) that he's being overrated this year. He's a FA in my money league, and I'm not budging.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Kavorka » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:37 am

More Freel news from another message board and someone that hung out with him after the game yesterday . . .

I was gonna post a whole new thread about Freel, but might as well respond here.

I was at the Reds game this afternoon, and got to hang out with Freel after the game at a bar across the street from the stadium, and let me tell you, after he had a few beers, he got to talking. First off, he got upset because he couldn't get his own shots from behind the bar like I guess he normally does.

But anyway, I found out a little about steroids from him. He admitted to me that he takes steroids, but that he figures he's a nobody (ummm Alex Sanchez anyone?) and he won't get tested, and even if he does, the first suspension is only 10 games, so if that happens, he'll get little playing time during that time, so why worry about it.

I mean, I know he was drunk, but this was just amazing to hear him talk so openly about his steroid use.

I mean, I was floored!
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:39 am

The Kavorka wrote:More Freel news from another message board and someone that hung out with him after the game yesterday . . .

I was gonna post a whole new thread about Freel, but might as well respond here.

I was at the Reds game this afternoon, and got to hang out with Freel after the game at a bar across the street from the stadium, and let me tell you, after he had a few beers, he got to talking. First off, he got upset because he couldn't get his own shots from behind the bar like I guess he normally does.

But anyway, I found out a little about steroids from him. He admitted to me that he takes steroids, but that he figures he's a nobody (ummm Alex Sanchez anyone?) and he won't get tested, and even if he does, the first suspension is only 10 games, so if that happens, he'll get little playing time during that time, so why worry about it.

I mean, I know he was drunk, but this was just amazing to hear him talk so openly about his steroid use.

I mean, I was floored!

LOL, while I find it hard to just accept that as fact, I will not go so far as to say it's not true. Seems to make logical sense....though I thought when he was drunk we were going to hear about how pissed he is about his lack of playing time. :-b
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:39 am

slomo007 wrote:Thanks for the update Pogo...I've been saying all along (you may have been first) that he's being overrated this year. He's a FA in my money league, and I'm not budging.

I know what you mean. I have a hard time even using a bench spot on a player coming off knee surgery who's value comes mostly from SB. Plus he doesn't have a starting spot and Pena will be the first guy off the bench.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:40 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Plus he doesn't have a starting spot and Pena will be the first guy off the bench.

That's my main reason. Unless D'Angelo loses his job, he's homeless.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby The Kavorka » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:41 am

slomo007 wrote:
The Kavorka wrote:More Freel news from another message board and someone that hung out with him after the game yesterday . . .

I mean, I was floored!

LOL, while I find it hard to just accept that as fact, I will not go so far as to say it's not true. Seems to make logical sense....though I thought when he was drunk we were going to hear about how pissed he is about his lack of playing time. :-b

That story was posetd on another message board late last night or early this morning. The news of his DWI came after.

Believe what you willl but right now Freel is a complete mess.
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:45 am

The Kavorka wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

I mean, I was floored!

That story was posetd on another message board late last night or early this morning. The news of his DWI came after.

Believe what you willl but right now Freel is a complete mess.

Again, I never said it wasn't true...I just said that I am not going to accept an anonymous posters' feelings on it as fact. That's like me saying that I had lunch with Barry yesterday, and he told me he does steroids, and hates white people. Me saying that should not make any of you believe it's a fact. I'll say this though, he's probably telling the truth...and now that the info is in public view on the net...I expect Freel to be tested ASAP.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers