Soriano vs Boone at 2B - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano vs Boone at 2B

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

yes

Postby DannyMyron89 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:24 pm

yes i am a yankee fan who has had the pleasure and sometimes burden of watching soriano for three years. I dont see his numbers getting any better because he is a nut, he just does not lay off the curveball it is simple. The only thing i see getting better are hsi steals because he was hurt for a big part of last year but i dont think soriano is worthy of a first or early second round pick. i guess boone but im not a big fan of him either.
DannyMyron89
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lesgrant » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:26 pm

The only reason to have high expectations for Boone are the numbers he put up during his suspected ‘roids years. He will be making a DL appearance more often than usual, as is typical of recovering ‘roiders.

Sori has speed and power in a great park.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:00 pm

I agree. Boone is going to bust again this year. There is no comparison between Boone and Soriano because one, like Slomo said, that BA is killer, and two I have a lot more faith that Soriano can put up the numbers you posted than I do concerning Boone.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GSes » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:38 pm

Bret Boone has and always had power or pop which is what will make him attractive on draft day along with the 10 or so steals he usually puts together. However a closer look into Bret boone career and you will see what I see, his abismil CAREER OBP of 327!!!!!

Boone has always shown pop but had a horrible average and a disgusting OBP

1997: 275 OBP
1997: 298 OBP
1998: 324 OBP
1999: 310 OBP
2000: 326 OBP

then Booney got to Seattle in 2001 and absolutley exploded, putting together a carreer year at the age of 32!!!!!!!!!!!!

32 and he finnaly breaks out? no i dont think so

In 2002 he started slow and had a good 2nd half much similar to his season in 2004

In 2003 he was a monster again from start to finish much like 2001

In 2004 he was disgusting for the 1st half and put together a DECENT 2nd half a lil remenicent of 2002 but not as good.

SO Is Bret Boone just in a cycle where he alternates good and bad yearS? or is the real Bret Boone the guy we say in his NL days from 1994-2000???

I think its the later and Bret Boone is never going to repeat his 2001,2002,2003 numbers again.

Expect Boone to put up
85 Runs
24 Home Runs
90 RBI
255 average
320 OBP

That puts him behind
Soriano
Giles
Kent for sure

and I would even take Vidro and Lorretta before him as well
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:49 pm

GSes wrote:That puts him behind
Soriano
Giles
Kent for sure

That seems to be the answer a lot of people in this thread are giving, but it doesn't really address the question that I think the original poster intended.

The question wasn't "who's better," but rather "who's better value -- Soriano in the 1st round or Boone in the 6th-8th round."
Free Bagel
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:50 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Soriano
Giles
Kent for sure

That seems to be the answer a lot of people in this thread are giving, but it doesn't really address the question that I think the original poster intended.

The question wasn't "who's better," but rather "who's better value -- Soriano in the 1st round or Boone in the 6th-8th round."

Soriano in the 1st round is still better value, Boone is like 15th round value
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby GSes » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:52 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
Soriano
Giles
Kent for sure

Soriano in the 1st round is still better value, Boone is like 15th round value

boone in the 15 round with his decent numbers and the possible return to form upside makes him a nice value pick for sure, i would take him in the 15rd no ?'s asked.........but i wouldnt expcet much more then what i said earlier.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers