Steroids Don't Matter - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Steroids Don't Matter

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GeneRex » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:39 pm

My whole point is about whether there really is any skewing of the records.

If the competition is mixed with both batters and pitchers juiced, aren't the numbers still valid.

If a batter might be juiced and batted against a pitcher that might be juiced, doesn't it even itself out?
GeneRex
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 34
Joined: 30 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LumberJack5 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:40 pm

Steroids have nothing to do with hitting a baseball. They dont imrpove your sight or your hand-eye cordination. But they jack these guys up soo much that pretty much any contact they make the ball has a very high chance of going out of the ball park. I think that Bonds cheated along with alot of other jacked up home run hitters. I really dont know if the records should be erased due to the fact that there is so much juicing going on it is hard to draw the line between someone one roids and someone not on them. In my mind I really dont take any of Bonds' records as legit. And really try to remember him as that skinny kid in Pittsburgh and his early 40-40 days in SF. As for the person who said something about pitchers being on steroids. Yea right, if steroids could make you throw 100 mph dont you think you would see alot more 100 mph fastballs in the majors? Im sure some bum pitchers have taken steroids just cuz they sucked so bad. But throwing a baseball 100 mph is a gift. Billy Wagner and Randy Johnson are not on steroids, and to say that they are is ridiculus.
LumberJack5
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 272
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: It should be 73*.

Re: Steroids Don't Matter

Postby lesgrant » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:45 pm

Yoda wrote:Well, there is no evidence that Bonds used steroids... but your point is well taken and you are entitled to your own opinion.


There is evidence that Bonds used steroids.

So far, what’s emerged are:

Witnesses – Bonds’ trainer who testified he gave them to him, Bonds’ mistress who said he admitted using them to her, and Bonds himself who said he took them thinking it was (LOL) flax seed oil

Bank records indicating he paid for steroids

Postal records indicating steroids were shipped to his home

All of the above constitute evidence in any legal proceeding, anywhere in the USA.

Very rarely is there one piece of silver-bullet evidence which establishes guilt. To expect such in this case, especially, is so unreasonable that I would say said expectations are merely a smoke screen.
Image
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 705
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kingctb27 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:45 pm

LumberJack5 wrote:Steroids have nothing to do with hitting a baseball. They dont imrpove your sight or your hand-eye cordination. But they jack these guys up soo much that pretty much any contact they make the ball has a very high chance of going out of the ball park. I think that Bonds cheated along with alot of other jacked up home run hitters. I really dont know if the records should be erased due to the fact that there is so much juicing going on it is hard to draw the line between someone one roids and someone not on them. In my mind I really dont take any of Bonds' records as legit. And really try to remember him as that skinny kid in Pittsburgh and his early 40-40 days in SF. As for the person who said something about pitchers being on steroids. Yea right, if steroids could make you throw 100 mph dont you think you would see alot more 100 mph fastballs in the majors? Im sure some bum pitchers have taken steroids just cuz they sucked so bad. But throwing a baseball 100 mph is a gift. Billy Wagner and Randy Johnson are not on steroids, and to say that they are is ridiculus.

I agree Steriods can't help you hit an Olliver Perez Fastball or a Johan Santana Change-up. This is all about Hand-Eye Coordination. But, however Steriods DO MAKE YOU STRONGER AND HIT THE BALL FURTHER no doubt about it.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion
Posts: 7189
Joined: 11 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Golfing

Postby LumberJack5 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:47 pm

GeneRex wrote:My whole point is about whether there really is any skewing of the records.

If the competition is mixed with both batters and pitchers juiced, aren't the numbers still valid.

If a batter might be juiced and batted against a pitcher that might be juiced, doesn't it even itself out?




Records are kept to measure yesterdays greats with todays. Steroids cant cancel each other out. Roger Maris wasnt on steroids and niether was the pitchers he faced. Saying that a hitters numbers are legit because the steroids he was on were cancelled out by the steroids the pitchers were on is very dumb logic. Bottom line is Steroids are cheating.
LumberJack5
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 272
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: It should be 73*.

Postby lesgrant » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:59 pm

I don’t know why people want to argue for the legitimacy of substances that have been outlawed by the US Government.

I’m also wondering why the pro-‘roiders aren’t also arguing for cocaine and crystal meth usage in MLB. What’s the difference?

All three drugs are:

Illegal to possess in the US.
Illegal to manufacture in the US.
Illegal to distribute in the US.

It doesn’t matter what you think they will do or not do to records or if they actually work at all. They are illegal. Plain and simple.

If it bothers you, write your congressman.
Image
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 705
Joined: 11 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pm

lesgrant wrote:If it bothers you, write your congressman.


I hate to say this, but you complain so much that why dont you write to your congressman and get a law passed that anyone who has an opinion other than yours gets thrown in jail.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9790
Joined: 11 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:02 pm

eftda wrote:
lesgrant wrote:If it bothers you, write your congressman.


I hate to say thing, but you complain so much that why dont you Write to your congressman and get a law passed that anyone who has an opinion other than yours gets thrown in jail.


lmao, that would be a lot a people
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5820
Joined: 16 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Magical Valley Of Love And Happiness

Re: Steroids Don't Matter

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:03 pm

lesgrant wrote:
Yoda wrote:Well, there is no evidence that Bonds used steroids... but your point is well taken and you are entitled to your own opinion.


There is evidence that Bonds used steroids.

So far, what’s emerged are:

Witnesses – Bonds’ trainer who testified he gave them to him, Bonds’ mistress who said he admitted using them to her, and Bonds himself who said he took them thinking it was (LOL) flax seed oil

Bank records indicating he paid for steroids

Postal records indicating steroids were shipped to his home

All of the above constitute evidence in any legal proceeding, anywhere in the USA.

Very rarely is there one piece of silver-bullet evidence which establishes guilt. To expect such in this case, especially, is so unreasonable that I would say said expectations are merely a smoke screen.


True... there is evidence but not enough to charge him with. I personally think that he used steroids but people need to be careful what they consider evidence and such.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby CubsFan7724 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:02 pm

Thats more than enough evidence, plus the testimony that is almost certainly true since Giambi caved to it. Unless you think Giambi was apolgizing about his stomach virus or his tumor like some think he may have been.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Izenhart, margaritaht1, NikkiSixx and 15 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Apr. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(2:20 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Miami at Miami
(7:08 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Seattle
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact