Stewart or Guzman? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Stewart or Guzman?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby joshheines » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:59 pm

Zito is God wrote:
joshheines wrote:There's a very solid chance Cain is there with the 15th pick. I can rattle off 2 pitchers who are better than him and another 3 who are in his class. I could also name 10 position players I'd rather have. I think Cain has a chance to be real special. And ranking him in the top 15 reflects that. But, right now, I can easily make a case for him being there. Briefly, in no particular order.

Felix Hernandez, Chad Billingsley, Adam Miller, Jeff Niemann, Gavin Floyd, Edwin Jackson, Delmon Young, Prince Fielder, Lastings Milledge, Jeff Francouer, Jeremy Hermida, Rickie Weeks, Ian Stewart, Joel Guzman, Joe Mauer, Casey Kotchman, Dallas McPherson, Andy Marte.

I have Matt Cain as the #19 prospect in the minors. I can see him ranked as high as #13, but not higher. That's including Mauer, Kazmir, Kotchman, McPherson, Floyd and Jackson. If your talking about zero MLB time, then Cain's range is from 7-13.

Umm...going by his 0 AB rule half of those are NOT prospects... :-/

Fool never stated whether they have a 0 AB rule. And I clearly illustrated that some of the guys who still qualify as prospects (130 AB or 50 IP) have had MLB time.

Specifically, I stated I have Cain rated #19 overall for prospects, but I could see him as high as #13. Then, removing all players ahead of him with MLB time, I gave him a range of #7-#13.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball