Stewart or Guzman? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Stewart or Guzman?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Stewart or Guzman?

Postby Fool42 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:12 pm

I have the 4th pick in our upcoming Minor league portion of our 1st year dynasty draft. I expect that the 1st 3 picks will be:

Felix
Young
Fielder

So what I'm looking at is probably taking either Ian Stewart or Joel Guzman. What I'm looking for is an unbiased opinion on who will be the better pick for the long haul regardless of park played in. I'm a huge Dodger fan so I'm torn because I would love to have a great Dodger prospect but my boys have a habit of over-hyping thier prospects lately.

Anyway who will be the better MLBP of the two regardless of park
Fool42
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:21 pm

Ian Stewart by far
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Zito is God » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:28 pm

First off, whats the req. for minor leaguers. Cause in some leagues BJ Upton is considered a minor leaguer, so is McPherson. If you have the 0 ABs rule I'd go with ian Stewart by far OUT OF THOSE TWO. I personally would pick Matt Cain.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:31 pm

I like Stewart pretty easily, if Guzman was expected to stay at SS a case could be made but it looks like he'll be moving to 3B.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Zito is God » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:37 pm

Also...Coors or Dodger stadium for your young hitter, you make the call... :-D ;-7

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Postby hybrid » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:50 pm

Damn you people, you all are getting to good at this minor league thing :-b

Ian would be my choice as well, call me nuts but I don't see L.A having a 6'6" SS in the near future.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Fool42 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:12 pm

Thanks for the responses. Also McPherson and Upton were both selected in the major league draft. As far as Cain goes I have a plan for pitching in the minor league draft. Basically I've got 6 picks out of the first 30 including #4,15,16, and I forget the specific #'s of the others. So anyway I wont list who I'm after for the other picks because I don't want any sneaky league mates figuring out what my cafe name is and stealing my targets but I've got some picks to work with.
Fool42
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zito is God » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:05 pm

Well, I understand you have your strategies, but there is NO WAY Cain is there at #15!

Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Postby joshheines » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:21 am

There's a very solid chance Cain is there with the 15th pick. I can rattle off 2 pitchers who are better than him and another 3 who are in his class. I could also name 10 position players I'd rather have. I think Cain has a chance to be real special. And ranking him in the top 15 reflects that. But, right now, I can easily make a case for him being there. Briefly, in no particular order.

Felix Hernandez, Chad Billingsley, Adam Miller, Jeff Niemann, Gavin Floyd, Edwin Jackson, Delmon Young, Prince Fielder, Lastings Milledge, Jeff Francouer, Jeremy Hermida, Rickie Weeks, Ian Stewart, Joel Guzman, Joe Mauer, Casey Kotchman, Dallas McPherson, Andy Marte.

I have Matt Cain as the #19 prospect in the minors. I can see him ranked as high as #13, but not higher. That's including Mauer, Kazmir, Kotchman, McPherson, Floyd and Jackson. If your talking about zero MLB time, then Cain's range is from 7-13.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Zito is God » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:58 pm

joshheines wrote:There's a very solid chance Cain is there with the 15th pick. I can rattle off 2 pitchers who are better than him and another 3 who are in his class. I could also name 10 position players I'd rather have. I think Cain has a chance to be real special. And ranking him in the top 15 reflects that. But, right now, I can easily make a case for him being there. Briefly, in no particular order.

Felix Hernandez, Chad Billingsley, Adam Miller, Jeff Niemann, Gavin Floyd, Edwin Jackson, Delmon Young, Prince Fielder, Lastings Milledge, Jeff Francouer, Jeremy Hermida, Rickie Weeks, Ian Stewart, Joel Guzman, Joe Mauer, Casey Kotchman, Dallas McPherson, Andy Marte.

I have Matt Cain as the #19 prospect in the minors. I can see him ranked as high as #13, but not higher. That's including Mauer, Kazmir, Kotchman, McPherson, Floyd and Jackson. If your talking about zero MLB time, then Cain's range is from 7-13.

Umm...going by his 0 AB rule half of those are NOT prospects... :-/

Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball