NHL Season Cancelled - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

NHL Season Cancelled

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:15 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:If you want to hear an interview with Bettman live at 5:30 - and then Goodenow a little while after that.

http://www.fan590.com

click "listen live" in the top right corner

Thanks for the link mookie... ;-D

I think this is really going to kill the sport...when you think about it, Hull, Stevie Y, Lemieux, Sacik, Shanahan...and others that carried the league, probably won't be back...thus leaving the league without a true superstar to carry it....I think the league is finished for good... :-/
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:18 pm

Im glad it is over. Nothing worse than cutting on ESPN for some sports action and finding hockey. This has been a great year for Sports Center because it isnt clogged with the hockey clips.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby perlick29 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:24 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Fireball Express wrote:It was cancelled in my mind a LONG TIME AGO!

So, Mook, we keep 5 right?!

We keep 5, but I don't think that Bettman or Goodenow are keepers at this point - neither of them will have jobs when the league starts up again.

Ugh? only 5? And I had far and away the best team in the whole league! Lets just keep our rosters the same and then if anyone retires you get a compensational pick.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Rico The Retard » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:28 pm

kentx12 wrote:Im glad it is over. Nothing worse than cutting on ESPN for some sports action and finding hockey. This has been a great year for Sports Center because it isnt clogged with the hockey clips.

totally agree dude, totally agree ;-D
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:03 pm

kentx12 wrote:Im glad it is over. Nothing worse than cutting on ESPN for some sports action and finding hockey. This has been a great year for Sports Center because it isnt clogged with the hockey clips.

ughh, here I was starting to like you Kent ;-)

What are they supposed to show instead? Eating contests? Strongman competitions? Or, god forbid, golf??
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Zito is God » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:08 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

What are they supposed to show instead? Eating contests? Strongman competitions? Or, god forbid, golf??

I never figuired out why so many Americans hate hockey, its the most fast paced sport you got. You watch baseball where an at bat takes 10 minutes while hockey bores you?!

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:08 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

Models Gone Wild sounds good to me. :-]
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:33 pm

Zito is God wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

I never figuired out why so many Americans hate hockey, its the most fast paced sport you got. You watch baseball where an at bat takes 10 minutes while hockey bores you?!

I love hockey it rules
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby LBJackal » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:39 pm

Zito is God wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

Some Americans don't like hockey because Canadians are better at it, and they feel insecure about not being the best at something. I say some, not all, because obviously there are people that just like sports regardless of how good their country is. Then there are others that just follow along with those people who are insecure about sucking at hockey, but really don't feel the same way at all they do it just to fit in. Kinda like the brown shirts. So to make a long story short: Americans don't like hockey because they're nazi's :-b

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:43 pm

LBJackal wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

Some Americans don't like hockey because Canadians are better at it, and they feel insecure about not being the best at something. I say some, not all, because obviously there are people that just like sports regardless of how good their country is. Then there are others that just follow along with those people who are insecure about sucking at hockey, but really don't feel the same way at all they do it just to fit in. Kinda like the brown shirts. So to make a long story short: Americans don't like hockey because they're nazi's :-b

I think that we just found our Canadian Lesgrant. That would be Lesgrant with a better taste and a higher alcohol content :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk