HUGE pts league discovery...i think...is my theory correct? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

HUGE pts league discovery...i think...is my theory correct?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Music2004Man » Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:07 am

I think that this is a really interesting idea because pitchers are overvalued in my league too but I would be interested to see a list of the top 20 pitchers for your league in each of the last 3 years. I have this years list but I'm currently trying to see if I can get the last two years lists. Many people think that there is a lot of turnover with pitchers every year and I believe they are correct. If I had to guess I would say that about 45% repeat as the top 20 pitchers from year to year. On the other hand many of the same hitters repeat at the top every year (Pujols, Vlad, ARod, Abreu, Manny) just to name a few. While the heavy pitching strategy at the top is an interesting strategy I'm not sure if it's totally viable. How did people do employing this strategy this year? As a last comment, I know a lot of people play 5X5 in the forums and thats great but I play pts so I'm hoping to keep a discussion going over the winter about pts leagues and this seems to be the best pts discussion right now. Also, if anyones interesting in crunching some pts league numbers let me know because we can bounce some ideas off of each other. Thanks for reading this long post.
Music2004Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby swyck » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:40 pm

I haven't played points yet, but thinking about doing so next year. I would be interested in seeing the top 10 sp and the top 10 hitters for the last 3 years for reasonably balanced points leagues.

This year Schilling, Prior, Schmidt and RJ would have been candidates for a high draft pick, but wound up not performing up to that level. Santana is the only pitcher that was rated real high that followed up with another great year, although it wasnt quite as good as the previous one.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers