Random thoughts on Tiger futures - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

Random thoughts on Tiger futures

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Random thoughts on Tiger futures

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:29 pm

I know this might be the wrong forum, but since it is a Tiger prediction...How many wins do you think they'll have this season?

I'm predicting 84 wins. Their pitching is still a year away from being ready to compete, and their D will lose them too many games to contend.

I can see Bonderman and Maroth both leading the staff with 14-17 wins. Bonderman will be in the top 10 in Ks in the AL.

Percival will have 25-30 saves.

Ordonez will surprise everyone and be reasonably healthy, batting >.310 with >100 RBI and >25 HRs.

Pudge will have nagging back problems and play in <140 games, hitting >.290 with 85ish RBI. His D behind the plate will again be an issue and baserunners will take note and steal at will in the second half.

Guillen won't be the offensive force he was last year hitting for around 15 HRs, 80 RBI and .270ish. he will be solid in the field.

Dmitri 'DaMeatHook' Young will be second only to Maggs offensively for the Tigers. >.290, > 100 RBI & 20 HRs

That's all I have for now.
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby cmchampa2 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:15 am

I don't like to make projections for injury prone guys and when I do I usually start it with "if he can stay healthy." With this group of DL frequent fliers, it feels like any predictions should start the same way.

This is a special projection, so I'm gonna preface it by saying "keep in mind that this is if they can stay relatively healthy" and "I'm not crazy."

I think the Tigers will win the division, with the Indians being the only team close. This is a 90-95 win team, which isn't as good as a normal 90-95 win team because a lot of those wins come from running the table on the White Sox and the Royals.

These guys are ready to compete. The pitching might be only average, but the pitching depth is great and the defense is very good. At the plate, the Tigers will do some serious hitting. I think the thing that puts them over the top is 1 or 2 of their young starters to take a huge step forward.
I'm not just the president of the Cornbread Maxwell Fan Club, I'm also the only member.
cmchampa2
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Detroit Tigers