Frank Thomas? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Frank Thomas?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Frank Thomas?

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:08 pm

Anyone familiar with the latest info on his injury status and how much time he is expected to miss?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:12 pm

This is from roto world.

White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen isn't optimistic that Frank Thomas will be ready to DH at the start of next season.
Thomas underwent surgery on a bone in his left ankle Oct. 6 and is still in a cast. "Frank is a longshot," Guillen said. "It's not easy when you miss so many days. The problem is the wait-and-see. To tell you the truth, I don't know if I can count on Frank to be in the lineup."
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby NZF » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:16 pm

The latest is that Big Frank is expected to miss April and most if not all of May in the majors. Early June is his ETA back on the big stage.
In the meantime, looking at that mediocre line-up, June could be too little, too late for White Sox supporters.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:22 pm

2 months. Hmmm. He is still on the board end of round 24 in a 6x6, 10 team league I am doing. Not much left (Lawton is best avail stick). Not much to lose as it is Thomas, Lwaton, a holds guy or someone like El Duque or Woody Williams.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby NZF » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:28 pm

Here it is officially from Rototimes.

Latest Notes
Jan. 21 The Sun-Times reports that manager Ozzie Guillen is planning to be without Frank Thomas until June. The Big Hurt is recovering from surgery to repair a broken left foot.
Jan. 17 White Sox GM Ken Williams said that Frank Thomas is still in a walking boot following surgery to repair a broken foot, according to the Chicago Tribune. Thomas probably won't be ready for the start of the 2005 season.

If Lawton is still there I would take him. Grab Frank off the WW and put him on your DL.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:33 pm

Lawton is so, well ehhh.

Sounds like the Big Hurt is following in the footsteps of Matt Williams.

We are going 29 rounds and someone will grsab Thomas eventually. Maybe Lawton would be the safer play.

Oh and on a completely separate topic, who is a bette rholds candidate for the back-end of my snake, Ray King, Kline, Romero or L. Vizcaino?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby NZF » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:49 pm

Ray King for sure.
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby qwerty » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:17 am

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com ... .intercept

In past springs, any Sox controversy has centered around Frank Thomas. This spring, Williams expects peace, because Thomas' contract is running out and Williams seems determined not to push his DH into action after foot surgery last fall.

"I have not seen him," Williams said. "I'm sure I will on the 21st (when position players report)."

Will Thomas be recovered enough to go through drills next week?

"We won't gauge where he is until he shows up," Williams said. "A lot can happen in two weeks, and it has been two weeks since his last [rehabilitation] report."

That report put Thomas "on schedule for mid-March," Williams said. "During his rehab, he has not pushed himself for spring-training activities. But I think the most important person to listen to [about his health] is Frank."

Could Thomas be working out full tilt before Ordonez does with his new team, the Tigers? No one is sure when Ordonez will be cleared for full drills after left knee surgeries that started last summer and continued into the fall. Those surgeries led to a falling out after Ordonez claimed Williams was spreading misleading injury information.

"I will," Williams acknowledged, "be peeking out of the corner of my eye" at news coming from Tigers camp in Lakeland, Fla.
qwerty
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers