A belated Valentine from Jason Giambi - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A belated Valentine from Jason Giambi

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A belated Valentine from Jason Giambi

Postby quietstorm » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:37 pm

A Jason Giambi Valentine: All our Valentine's Days could look like this, if we only took our relationship advice from Jason Giambi:

"C'mon baby, let's make up. It's Valentine's Day. You know I love you, and I'm really sorry for what I did."

"What does that mean?"

"Y'know, I'm sorry I let you down, baby. I apologize. Now come here, let me put my arms around you."

"How'd you let me down?"

"Now, you know I can't talk about that baby. Isn't it enough that I'm really, truly sorry?"

"Yeah, that's nice, but what are you sorry you did?"

"Uh, um. OK. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, baby. I was very hurtful, and it was wrong, and I wanna make it up to you."

"Just tell me what you did to hurt my feelings, and it'll be a start."

"I don't want to get into that, baby. Isn't it enough that I apologize?"

"You'd better start making sense soon, or I'm going to leave."

"This is the last thing I want to say on this subject: I promise, I'll never do it again."

"Do WHAT again? Aaaaargh!" [She stomps out of the room, slams the door, goes out to a bar, and has a one-night stand with some random guy.]

Maybe it works better if you have Arn Tellem sitting next to you...

Any clue what Giambi was apologizing for? What effect is that going to have on his numbers?

I'm wondering if this is going to affect how some of us bid on him, or where we pick him. For me, it makes me a bit more hesitant than I would have been, at least... still a late-round pick, maybe.
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rich101682 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:40 pm

I don't think Giambi could legally say what he was sorry for because the BALCO case is still going on.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:43 pm

I knew there was a reason that his apology sounded so familiar. It's the same one I've been using for years !+)

You can ask any of my ex-girlfriends!
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:45 pm

Tell you what, I am sure a lot of Yankee Fans would forgive him if he waived that 85M he is owed. Outside of that, well Jason I hope you like the Weaver treatment.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby lesgrant » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:55 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Tell you what, I am sure a lot of Yankee Fans would forgive him if he waived that 85M he is owed. Outside of that, well Jason I hope you like the Weaver treatment.

The Weaver treatment for Giambi would be ridiculously stupid.

1. No Yankee fan, and I mean no one, questioned him when he was hitting homers. No one said, ‘Hey I think he’s on ‘roids, let’s do something about it.’
2. Are you gonna give Sheff the Weaver treatment? Same transgression, different results. In fact in today’s Post, Sheff’s attitude was that he didn’t care how fans react to him.
3. What about the people that are using roids that haven’t been caught? Are you so naïve as to think he’s the only Yankee that’s ever used ‘roids?
4. The Yankees deliberately omitted the steroid clause from his contract.
5. Is that 85mil coming out of your pocket? You are sounding like some of these payroll whiners. 5 mil or 85 mil, it makes no economic difference for you.

You should save your boos for the point in time where you actually know who you should be booing.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers