XM ON MLB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

XM ON MLB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:49 pm

ensanimal wrote:i just read an article that was posted yesterday. they said they are waiting for licensing from the CRTC, which may take until the end of the year.

the part that bugs me about the article, it says it is between XM or Sirius. if it comes down to one, it better be XM.

LOL. I agree. You never know, though, with the way that they compete against each other for things. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:07 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
ensanimal wrote:i just read an article that was posted yesterday. they said they are waiting for licensing from the CRTC, which may take until the end of the year.

the part that bugs me about the article, it says it is between XM or Sirius. if it comes down to one, it better be XM.

LOL. I agree. You never know, though, with the way that they compete against each other for things. :-°

well, a few more that i read and it seems they would have both providers. :-°

thanks a lot for making me want this now, and not being able to have it yet :,-(
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:14 pm

ensanimal wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

well, a few more that i read and it seems they would have both providers. :-°

thanks a lot for making me want this now, and not being able to have it yet :,-(

LOL. Get a setup and send me $10/month. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:28 pm

For anyone interested, here is a nic 3 page write up on the MyFi:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/I-rEN ... eview.html

I also forgot to mention that you can record music to it. :-)
Lofunzo

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:37 pm

Ens.......I just found this:

Don't think its illegal to own and use your XM radio its just illegal to buy or sell the equipment in Canada..I bought my Skyfi2 at Alpha Stereo across from the mall in Plattsburg NY.brought it home with no hassles at the border cause they dont know what a satellite radio is,and activated it by calling a telephone number,tell your freind to have an American address handy particularly the zip code...reception in Montreal is very good as long as you dont drive by tall buildings where the signal will cut out for a few seconds...
Lofunzo

Postby ensanimal » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:07 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Ens.......I just found this:

Don't think its illegal to own and use your XM radio its just illegal to buy or sell the equipment in Canada..I bought my Skyfi2 at Alpha Stereo across from the mall in Plattsburg NY.brought it home with no hassles at the border cause they dont know what a satellite radio is,and activated it by calling a telephone number,tell your freind to have an American address handy particularly the zip code...reception in Montreal is very good as long as you dont drive by tall buildings where the signal will cut out for a few seconds...

hmmmm..interesting.

except that i live downtown, i wonder what the reception would be like now. :-?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:06 pm

ensanimal wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:Ens.......I just found this:

hmmmm..interesting.

except that i live downtown, i wonder what the reception would be like now. :-?

The problem is that there are technically no birds for Canada so you have to get the signal on your own and the angle from there is so low.
Lofunzo

Postby hayseed » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:40 pm

So what do you consider to be a pretty good deal online for one of these skyfi2 receivers and in-car kits? I've seen some on Ebay that look pretty good and are new.
hayseed
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:46 pm

hayseed wrote:So what do you consider to be a pretty good deal online for one of these skyfi2 receivers and in-car kits? I've seen some on Ebay that look pretty good and are new.

I would say that if you can get it for a good amount under $150, you got a good deal. EBAY is good but try to get new. If it's used, there is a chance that it's stolen and stolen receivers can't be activated. I actually have a SkyFi in the house and it is very similar to the SkyFi 2 except a little appearance differences and the SkyFi 2 has a pause (and a few others) function. See if someone is selling everything at 1 shot. The home kit is cool although I have the boombox as well.

If you are ever going to buy the boombox, please speak with me first. :-o
Lofunzo

Postby Madison » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:03 am

Lofunzo wrote:If you are ever going to buy the boombox, please speak with me first. :-o

Is that the little XM stereo I'm seeing in stores. :-? Under $100 in price? What's wrong with it? I've actually considered picking one up, so please let me know what's wrong with it, so I don't waste my money. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk