XM ON MLB - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

XM ON MLB

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

XM ON MLB

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:09 pm

Well, today is the day that MLB started up on XM Radio. I must say that I love it so far. Every day, they have a 1 hour fantasy segment from 2-3 and then Dibble and Kennedy have a show from 3-6, which has been great so far. They even have Canseco on and are hoping for Pete Rose today. Not a bad start for the 1st day. I will post the schedule below but if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I loved XM before they got MLB but love it even more now. You get a ton of ST games as well as every regular season game. This is great for transplanted fans. If anyone wants any information, just ask. I either know the answer or I can find out. If anyone wants to know about equipment, pricing, comparing between Sirius, etc., just ask. I am not affiliated with any of them. I just love XM. Here's the schedule:

Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:11 pm

My next car will definitely come with XM, and I may not even wait that long. The portable units are becoming very reasonably priced. The MLB channel will probably push me over the edge in the very near future.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:35 pm

slomo007 wrote:My next car will definitely come with XM, and I may not even wait that long. The portable units are becoming very reasonably priced. The MLB channel will probably push me over the edge in the very near future.

I agree. Keep in mind that if you get it factory installed, you are probably talking about $600 minimum. There are much cheaper options out there. ;-)

Canseco just walked into the studio. :-o
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:38 pm

I actually love my setup. While there are units that go anywhere (MyFi), I have a separate setup in the home and in the car. Both setups cost me about $200 total. :-)
Lofunzo

Postby slomo007 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:48 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
slomo007 wrote:My next car will definitely come with XM, and I may not even wait that long. The portable units are becoming very reasonably priced. The MLB channel will probably push me over the edge in the very near future.

I agree. Keep in mind that if you get it factory installed, you are probably talking about $600 minimum. There are much cheaper options out there. ;-)

Canseco just walked into the studio. :-o

Yeah I know what you mean...and I'm not sure if I'll go that route of having it factory installed. Probably not...but either way I seriously want it. My dad has it in his truck (factory) and it's awesome. The music selection isn't the best...but for sports/news it's untouchable.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:00 pm

I have been giving serious thought to getting a satalite radio...not sure which one yet... :-?

Is the MLB Channel an extra package or does it come with the monthly service.... :-?
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:04 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:I have been giving serious thought to getting a satalite radio...not sure which one yet... :-?

Is the MLB Channel an extra package or does it come with the monthly service.... :-?

It's included in the monthly package. ;-D The only extras are O&A and Playboy. Other than that, you only pay extra for XM Online or additional radios.

If you want to check it out online for free, check this out:

http://www.xmradio.com/xstream/registra ... rd=default

Keep in mind that, for whatever reason, they don't offer every channel during this trial. :-/

slomo.......You don't like the music choices?? 8-o
Lofunzo

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:25 pm

Lofunzo wrote:It's included in the monthly package. ;-D The only extras are O&A and Playboy. Other than that, you only pay extra for XM Online or additional radios.

wha? :-?

Playboy radio? You gotta help me out here - what is Playboy radio and do people seriously pay extra for it?

Unless Im missing something this is stupidity on a monumental level, right? :-P
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:27 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:It's included in the monthly package. ;-D The only extras are O&A and Playboy. Other than that, you only pay extra for XM Online or additional radios.

wha? :-?

Playboy radio? You gotta help me out here - what is Playboy radio and do people seriously pay extra for it?

Unless Im missing something this is stupidity on a monumental level, right? :-P

LOL....That is what I thought when I read it...who would want Playboy and not be able to see them.... :-S

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:28 pm

Thanks for the info Lo.... ;-D

DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk