BMRB Round 1 - U2 vs. Creed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

BMRB Round 1 - U2 vs. Creed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

U2 or Creed

Poll ended at Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:50 am

U2
25
86%
Creed
4
14%
 
Total votes : 29

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:21 pm

ironman wrote:Creed epitomizes the whole phony corporate sheen the record companies have given rock music. All this P.O.D., Staind crap is pure garbage. Best lyricist of modern times? Yeah, if you're an adolescent girl. His lyrics are pure drivel.


I feel the same way about U2. I used to love that band back in the early to mid 80s. Anything after Joshua Tree sucked - pure corporate, made for MTV/radio BS. I see U2 as one of the biggest sellouts of my generation and represent everything I hate about the music industry. The fact that they won the best rock album Grammy last night only epitomises the band they are now. Awards shows like the Grammys only underscore what I dont want to listen to - its the pap they try and feed the Sheeple, and U2 is the embodyment of that. :-t
Image
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5694
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rico The Retard » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:15 pm

they both suck :-t neither get my vote
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5820
Joined: 16 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Magical Valley Of Love And Happiness

Postby slomo007 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:21 pm

Not that I didn't expect this to happen...but it's still sad to see Creed go down so hard. Thanks for the easy matchup, ironman. !+)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pacman » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:47 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote: Anything after Joshua Tree sucked - pure corporate, made for MTV/radio BS. I see U2 as one of the biggest sellouts of my generation and represent everything I hate about the music industry. The fact that they won the best rock album Grammy last night only epitomises the band they are now. Awards shows like the Grammys only underscore what I dont want to listen to - its the pap they try and feed the Sheeple, and U2 is the embodyment of that. :-t



Geeze, Cornbread... where were you when I had countless arguments with one of my best friends -- who's a diehard U2 worshipper....?

I feel soooooo exactly the same way as you do about U2... I try to make arguments like the one you just did, but it's like pounding my head against the wall when talking to this guy.

I can't tell if I'm off-base, or if he just is too blind to listen to reason, but when he and I argue about U2... there's NO common ground. He thinks NONE of their stuff is sellout crap. He even defends that Pop-Mart garbage.

If I ever have enough energy to get into it again with him, I'm going to have to send him your argument (with properly quoted source, of course) to help bolster my argument.




peace
Image
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2569
Joined: 10 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Birthplace of the US Navy

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:40 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:U2 and I hope this isn't even close.


I would agree and the poll seems to agree.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 18)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby domination » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:48 pm

i hate both these bands, they suck hard
Fear is the mind killer.
domination
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 314
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: where arn't I?

Postby ironman » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:52 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
ironman wrote:Creed epitomizes the whole phony corporate sheen the record companies have given rock music. All this P.O.D., Staind crap is pure garbage. Best lyricist of modern times? Yeah, if you're an adolescent girl. His lyrics are pure drivel.


I feel the same way about U2. I used to love that band back in the early to mid 80s. Anything after Joshua Tree sucked - pure corporate, made for MTV/radio BS. I see U2 as one of the biggest sellouts of my generation and represent everything I hate about the music industry. The fact that they won the best rock album Grammy last night only epitomises the band they are now. Awards shows like the Grammys only underscore what I dont want to listen to - its the pap they try and feed the Sheeple, and U2 is the embodyment of that. :-t


I wouldn't totally agree with that. I'd say that Achtung Baby and Zooropa were both solid efforts before they got all corporate. But I've also found that most people that are fans of their early work don't care for their sound post-Joshua Tree. They certainly got more into techno in the 90's as was clearly evident on Pop. I've got their last two albums but I really haven't listened to them much. My favorite is Achtung Baby with Zooropa and Joshua Tree close behind. I think for me its a matter of timing. I just started getting into music around the early 90's and that was the U2 that was playing at the time.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:12 pm

Creed is ummmm, how do I say it? Terrible.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7181
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assiquate, caphskat, unioreimi and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Apr. 16
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Atlanta at Atlanta
(12:35 pm)
NY Yankees at NY Yankees
(12:35 pm)
Chi Cubs at Chi Cubs
(1:05 pm)
Detroit at Detroit
(1:10 pm)
Cleveland at Cleveland
(3:40 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:05 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Texas
(7:05 pm)
Kansas City at Houston
(7:08 pm)
Toronto at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Chi White Sox
(8:05 pm)
LA Angels at LA Angels
(8:10 pm)
Oakland at Oakland
(8:10 pm)
San Diego at San Diego
(8:10 pm)
Colorado at Colorado
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Francisco
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at LA Dodgers
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact