BMRB Round 1 - U2 vs. Creed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

BMRB Round 1 - U2 vs. Creed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

U2 or Creed

Poll ended at Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:50 am

U2
25
86%
Creed
4
14%
 
Total votes : 29

Postby ironman » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:07 pm

slomo007 wrote:Nice to see you gave them a chance before posting more insults. :-t

I could post lyrics that have changed my life, but it's not worth it when your mind is already made up.


Who said I didn't give them a chance? I listened to My Own Prison back in college and didn't like it. And I apologize for the adolescent girl remark. I wasn't implying it to you but it may have come out that way.
Image
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 97)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:35 pm

slomo007 wrote:
ironman wrote:26 views and no one has commented on the Creed bio yet.

I'm starting to think nobody pays attention to those things. :-?


I would have commented a long time ago...but it's really not worth it. If everyone here is so eager to rip them based on the 5 songs they've heard on the radio rather than buying the albums and giving them a chance, then I give up. Creed is an incredible band with an incredible message, unfortunately, Stapp comes off as arrogant and the media ate him up and treated him like the Barry Bonds of rock. This led to his own band giving up on him recently and forming a new band, which is incredible in their own rite: http://www.alterbridge.com

If you are a true guitar fan of any sort, there is no way you can tell me Creed is horrible. That leads me to believe acs has never picked up a guitar in his life, unless of course, he has not listened to other songs than are played on the radio.

Whether or not you like Stapp shouldn't affect your love for great musical ability, and Stapp is the best lyricist of modern times (yes, I just said it). Then again, you wouldn't know that by listening to "Higher". If you're atheist or Jewish, I obviously don't expect you to respect Creed, as much of their message sounds Christian based. However, don't always accept things at their face value, that is the most important thing I've learned in my first 22 years of life.


The first album had some fun guitar riffs..nothing to exciting...personally I can't stand the lead singer...the first album was decent...as for never picking up a guitar before because I don't like creed well thats silly....On a scale from 1 - 10 on diffuculty of guitar riff I'd give Creed a 5 1 being Nirvana and 10 being Crazy Jazz guitarists....Anyways don't mock my guitar skills or ill make fun of your mother
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby slomo007 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:41 pm

acsguitar wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
ironman wrote:26 views and no one has commented on the Creed bio yet.

I'm starting to think nobody pays attention to those things. :-?


I would have commented a long time ago...but it's really not worth it. If everyone here is so eager to rip them based on the 5 songs they've heard on the radio rather than buying the albums and giving them a chance, then I give up. Creed is an incredible band with an incredible message, unfortunately, Stapp comes off as arrogant and the media ate him up and treated him like the Barry Bonds of rock. This led to his own band giving up on him recently and forming a new band, which is incredible in their own rite: http://www.alterbridge.com

If you are a true guitar fan of any sort, there is no way you can tell me Creed is horrible. That leads me to believe acs has never picked up a guitar in his life, unless of course, he has not listened to other songs than are played on the radio.

Whether or not you like Stapp shouldn't affect your love for great musical ability, and Stapp is the best lyricist of modern times (yes, I just said it). Then again, you wouldn't know that by listening to "Higher". If you're atheist or Jewish, I obviously don't expect you to respect Creed, as much of their message sounds Christian based. However, don't always accept things at their face value, that is the most important thing I've learned in my first 22 years of life.


The first album had some fun guitar riffs..nothing to exciting...personally I can't stand the lead singer...the first album was decent...as for never picking up a guitar before because I don't like creed well thats silly....On a scale from 1 - 10 on diffuculty of guitar riff I'd give Creed a 5 1 being Nirvana and 10 being Crazy Jazz guitarists....Anyways don't mock my guitar skills or ill make fun of your mother


My point wasn't that Creed is the greatest guitar band ever, you're putting words in my mouth. My point was that Creed's guitar skill alone is better than 95% of the rest of the bands in this round (100% in my mind, but I'm sure others will disagree)...yet you still hate them solely because of Stapp. Get past the cover of the book and there is a lot to be found.

Tremonti has matured and grown tremdeously as a guitar player since My Own Prison, but because of your hatred for Stapp you are completely missing out on a ton of sweet guitar riffs both in newer Creed songs and in the new Alter Bridge songs that are out now. Part of the reason Tremonti wanted to leave Creed was because Stapp controlled the band too much and didn't let Tremonti wail as much as he would have liked...hence he formed Alter Bridge and wails like no other MODERN rock band.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:59 pm

Finally one of these new bands who I like. U2
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17435
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 8 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Lost

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:05 pm

kentx12 wrote:Finally one of these new bands who I like. U2
Did I miss the smiley? Did you just call U2 a new band?
Image
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21583
(Past Year: 353)
Joined: 9 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: St. Louis

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:31 pm

slomo007 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
ironman wrote:26 views and no one has commented on the Creed bio yet.

I'm starting to think nobody pays attention to those things. :-?


I would have commented a long time ago...but it's really not worth it. If everyone here is so eager to rip them based on the 5 songs they've heard on the radio rather than buying the albums and giving them a chance, then I give up. Creed is an incredible band with an incredible message, unfortunately, Stapp comes off as arrogant and the media ate him up and treated him like the Barry Bonds of rock. This led to his own band giving up on him recently and forming a new band, which is incredible in their own rite: http://www.alterbridge.com

If you are a true guitar fan of any sort, there is no way you can tell me Creed is horrible. That leads me to believe acs has never picked up a guitar in his life, unless of course, he has not listened to other songs than are played on the radio.

Whether or not you like Stapp shouldn't affect your love for great musical ability, and Stapp is the best lyricist of modern times (yes, I just said it). Then again, you wouldn't know that by listening to "Higher". If you're atheist or Jewish, I obviously don't expect you to respect Creed, as much of their message sounds Christian based. However, don't always accept things at their face value, that is the most important thing I've learned in my first 22 years of life.


The first album had some fun guitar riffs..nothing to exciting...personally I can't stand the lead singer...the first album was decent...as for never picking up a guitar before because I don't like creed well thats silly....On a scale from 1 - 10 on diffuculty of guitar riff I'd give Creed a 5 1 being Nirvana and 10 being Crazy Jazz guitarists....Anyways don't mock my guitar skills or ill make fun of your mother


My point wasn't that Creed is the greatest guitar band ever, you're putting words in my mouth. My point was that Creed's guitar skill alone is better than 95% of the rest of the bands in this round (100% in my mind, but I'm sure others will disagree)...yet you still hate them solely because of Stapp. Get past the cover of the book and there is a lot to be found.

Tremonti has matured and grown tremdeously as a guitar player since My Own Prison, but because of your hatred for Stapp you are completely missing out on a ton of sweet guitar riffs both in newer Creed songs and in the new Alter Bridge songs that are out now. Part of the reason Tremonti wanted to leave Creed was because Stapp controlled the band too much and didn't let Tremonti wail as much as he would have liked...hence he formed Alter Bridge and wails like no other MODERN rock band.

I just don't think they are that exciting....There riffs are OK some are fun but most have been done before...I just don't think they are so exciting or original ... Tremonti is a decent guitarist...As for being better then most of the guitarists so far i aree somewhat....STP's guitarist is better, Adam Jones from TOOL is better, Kim Thayil from Sound Garden is better, Chilli Peppers guitarist whether it be Navarro or Frusciante are both better, and Radioheads guitarist is way better...But yes Tremonti is better then Jokers like GreenDay and Bush....
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:01 pm

This is a vote for the U2 that did Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Not this Vertigo business...
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1852
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 30 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: @ the banana stand.

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:14 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:This is a vote for the U2 that did Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Not this Vertigo business...

Open the pod bay doors HAL
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby LBJackal » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:14 pm

I don't particularly like U2, but I can't stand Creed. I went to their concert a couple years ago with a friend, and it was OK I guess because any live music is good, but his voice is annoying, and I really don't think much of the lyrics. Maybe it's because of my views on Christianity, but I don't mind POD. I like them actually. Just can't stand Creed.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:20 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:This is a vote for the U2 that did Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Not this Vertigo business...

Open the pod bay doors HAL


I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
Last edited by Pokeyouindaeye on Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1852
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 30 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: @ the banana stand.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assiquate, wslrrwscq and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Jul. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(4:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact