U2 or Creed

Poll ended at Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:50 am

U2
86%
Creed
14%

Total votes : 29

Postby ironman » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:07 pm

slomo007 wrote:Nice to see you gave them a chance before posting more insults. :-t

I could post lyrics that have changed my life, but it's not worth it when your mind is already made up.

Who said I didn't give them a chance? I listened to My Own Prison back in college and didn't like it. And I apologize for the adolescent girl remark. I wasn't implying it to you but it may have come out that way.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:35 pm

slomo007 wrote:
ironman wrote:26 views and no one has commented on the Creed bio yet.

I'm starting to think nobody pays attention to those things. :-?

I would have commented a long time ago...but it's really not worth it. If everyone here is so eager to rip them based on the 5 songs they've heard on the radio rather than buying the albums and giving them a chance, then I give up. Creed is an incredible band with an incredible message, unfortunately, Stapp comes off as arrogant and the media ate him up and treated him like the Barry Bonds of rock. This led to his own band giving up on him recently and forming a new band, which is incredible in their own rite: http://www.alterbridge.com

If you are a true guitar fan of any sort, there is no way you can tell me Creed is horrible. That leads me to believe acs has never picked up a guitar in his life, unless of course, he has not listened to other songs than are played on the radio.

Whether or not you like Stapp shouldn't affect your love for great musical ability, and Stapp is the best lyricist of modern times (yes, I just said it). Then again, you wouldn't know that by listening to "Higher". If you're atheist or Jewish, I obviously don't expect you to respect Creed, as much of their message sounds Christian based. However, don't always accept things at their face value, that is the most important thing I've learned in my first 22 years of life.

The first album had some fun guitar riffs..nothing to exciting...personally I can't stand the lead singer...the first album was decent...as for never picking up a guitar before because I don't like creed well thats silly....On a scale from 1 - 10 on diffuculty of guitar riff I'd give Creed a 5 1 being Nirvana and 10 being Crazy Jazz guitarists....Anyways don't mock my guitar skills or ill make fun of your mother
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby slomo007 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:41 pm

acsguitar wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

I would have commented a long time ago...but it's really not worth it. If everyone here is so eager to rip them based on the 5 songs they've heard on the radio rather than buying the albums and giving them a chance, then I give up. Creed is an incredible band with an incredible message, unfortunately, Stapp comes off as arrogant and the media ate him up and treated him like the Barry Bonds of rock. This led to his own band giving up on him recently and forming a new band, which is incredible in their own rite: http://www.alterbridge.com

If you are a true guitar fan of any sort, there is no way you can tell me Creed is horrible. That leads me to believe acs has never picked up a guitar in his life, unless of course, he has not listened to other songs than are played on the radio.

Whether or not you like Stapp shouldn't affect your love for great musical ability, and Stapp is the best lyricist of modern times (yes, I just said it). Then again, you wouldn't know that by listening to "Higher". If you're atheist or Jewish, I obviously don't expect you to respect Creed, as much of their message sounds Christian based. However, don't always accept things at their face value, that is the most important thing I've learned in my first 22 years of life.

The first album had some fun guitar riffs..nothing to exciting...personally I can't stand the lead singer...the first album was decent...as for never picking up a guitar before because I don't like creed well thats silly....On a scale from 1 - 10 on diffuculty of guitar riff I'd give Creed a 5 1 being Nirvana and 10 being Crazy Jazz guitarists....Anyways don't mock my guitar skills or ill make fun of your mother

My point wasn't that Creed is the greatest guitar band ever, you're putting words in my mouth. My point was that Creed's guitar skill alone is better than 95% of the rest of the bands in this round (100% in my mind, but I'm sure others will disagree)...yet you still hate them solely because of Stapp. Get past the cover of the book and there is a lot to be found.

Tremonti has matured and grown tremdeously as a guitar player since My Own Prison, but because of your hatred for Stapp you are completely missing out on a ton of sweet guitar riffs both in newer Creed songs and in the new Alter Bridge songs that are out now. Part of the reason Tremonti wanted to leave Creed was because Stapp controlled the band too much and didn't let Tremonti wail as much as he would have liked...hence he formed Alter Bridge and wails like no other MODERN rock band.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby kentx12 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:59 pm

Finally one of these new bands who I like. U2
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:05 pm

kentx12 wrote:Finally one of these new bands who I like. U2
Did I miss the smiley? Did you just call U2 a new band?
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:31 pm

slomo007 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

My point wasn't that Creed is the greatest guitar band ever, you're putting words in my mouth. My point was that Creed's guitar skill alone is better than 95% of the rest of the bands in this round (100% in my mind, but I'm sure others will disagree)...yet you still hate them solely because of Stapp. Get past the cover of the book and there is a lot to be found.

Tremonti has matured and grown tremdeously as a guitar player since My Own Prison, but because of your hatred for Stapp you are completely missing out on a ton of sweet guitar riffs both in newer Creed songs and in the new Alter Bridge songs that are out now. Part of the reason Tremonti wanted to leave Creed was because Stapp controlled the band too much and didn't let Tremonti wail as much as he would have liked...hence he formed Alter Bridge and wails like no other MODERN rock band.

I just don't think they are that exciting....There riffs are OK some are fun but most have been done before...I just don't think they are so exciting or original ... Tremonti is a decent guitarist...As for being better then most of the guitarists so far i aree somewhat....STP's guitarist is better, Adam Jones from TOOL is better, Kim Thayil from Sound Garden is better, Chilli Peppers guitarist whether it be Navarro or Frusciante are both better, and Radioheads guitarist is way better...But yes Tremonti is better then Jokers like GreenDay and Bush....
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:01 pm

This is a vote for the U2 that did Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Not this Vertigo business...
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:14 pm

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:This is a vote for the U2 that did Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Open the pod bay doors HAL
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby LBJackal » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:14 pm

I don't particularly like U2, but I can't stand Creed. I went to their concert a couple years ago with a friend, and it was OK I guess because any live music is good, but his voice is annoying, and I really don't think much of the lyrics. Maybe it's because of my views on Christianity, but I don't mind POD. I like them actually. Just can't stand Creed.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:20 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Pokeyouindaeye wrote:This is a vote for the U2 that did Sunday Bloody Sunday.

Open the pod bay doors HAL

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
Last edited by Pokeyouindaeye on Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk