Mark - I did not use steroids or any other illegal substance - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mark - I did not use steroids or any other illegal substance

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:25 am

LBJackal wrote: So to blame his situation on race, which is exactly what wrveres is doing, is completely off base.

CubsFan7724 wrote: No, its that Wrveres acts like its the only reason and the fact is that Barry Bonds has been a jerk and will never stop being a jerk to the media.

After all I have posted on Bonds, it has become quite apparent that neither of you have ever read anything I have written, :-t :-t :-t

why bother ... :-t :-t :-t
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:30 am

ESPN Outside the lines is doing an excellent piece on this exact subject as week speak.

Well worth watching, especially for all of you people who choose to point a selective finger. .. ;-D
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 687)

Postby LBJackal » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:38 am

wrveres wrote:
LBJackal wrote: So to blame his situation on race, which is exactly what wrveres is doing, is completely off base.

CubsFan7724 wrote: No, its that Wrveres acts like its the only reason and the fact is that Barry Bonds has been a jerk and will never stop being a jerk to the media.

After all I have posted on Bonds, it has become quite apparent that neither of you have ever read anything I have written, :-t :-t :-t

why bother ... :-t :-t :-t

Why bother? Good question, I really don't know why you do.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby blankman » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:45 am

wrveres wrote:especially for all of you people who choose to point a selective finger. .. ;-D

You mean yourself? Big Mac is guilty after one person says so but Bonds still isn't?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

McGwire

Postby cartman1_24 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:48 am

Ok, for my two cents and wr I'm sure you'll love my sig. For those of you that just looked at Mac's rookie card did you check out his weight by any chance? He was 215 lbs as a rookie with huge forearms, thighs and chest and hit 49 hrs at the age of 24! In 1989 his weight was 225 and in 1998 250 lbs. Ok, his weight went up 35 lbs in a matter of 11 years. His forearms got bigger as did his chest and legs. Oh yeah he also got older! This is certainly consistent with a guy that worked his ass off, not injected it, and took care of himself over the years. He didn't put on 30+ lbs of muscle in one offseason like someone we all love to hate.

Mac was never the greek god that Canseco was or Bonds is. LaRussa states they had logs of all players weight and workout regimes while in Oakland and St. Louis. I would love for those to be released.

For anyone that was within 500 miles of St. Louis when Mac arrived they'll tell you he was the most considerate man they've seen. He went out of his way to please fans, talk to kids, grant interviews, donate his time and family life and his money to local charities. This man handled baseballs best and worst during the homerun race and still treated the Maris family with respect. He paid Roger a tremendous tribute by requesting his bat from the Hall of Fame be brought to Busch Stadium before his historic game. He went out of his way to "hug" Roger's kids after the homerun and still showed his class in the post game interview refuring to the Maris family and Roger's bat that he said "touched his heart". If nothing else guys go rent the HBO movie '61'. It has actual press conference clips in it from Mac.

I'm sorry he is such a jerk according to some in here. I know he didn't manhandle and disrespect a camera man his first day in New York city. I know he didn't steal a base to become the new stolen base leader of all time. I know he didn't tear that base out of the ground, hold it in the air and yell "I am the greatest". I know he hasn't choked a fellow teamate in the dugout of a Giants game. I could go on but it's pretty obvious that he's the same kind of man :-? .

Anyone else bring up the fact that he quit baseball, promptly had two kids (looks like the equipment is still in working order to me) and started to slim down as he quit working out everyday. He still is a big man but lost muscle and weight as he plays more golf now than anything. I know some will say he quit juicin' but the results are no differnet for a man that quits working out everyday. That's the problem when become huge, you're a slave to your own body. If you don't constantly workout you loose eveything you gained.

You guys go ahead and worship your Bonds and even a Canseco, if you're that silly, but I'll back Big Mac until the day he says otherwise. He has proven to be a man of integrity to the city of St. Louis and surrounding communities, so we will not toss him 'under the bus' with the likes of Jose!
"Anyone can put on 30 lbs. of muscle in an off-season..."-Barry Bonds
cartman1_24
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby KULCAT » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:11 am

wrveres wrote:Not one reply Huh ?

figures ....

Oh well, pretty much what I expected ...
I am going to start another one but change the name to Bonds, so you can all call him names ...

The hatred in here runs deep ...

Here`s mine, I think Mac is a player that was on the juice. I think Bonds is a player thats also on the juice and is also a hateful jackass who´s gonna brake the homerun record because of it
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Woolly » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:37 am

"Mark - I did not use steroids or any other illegal substance"

Sure Mark. I believe you ... NOT
Woolly
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lesgrant » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:49 am

FatGuyWithAMullet wrote:Oh would you just stop making unfounded assertions already lesgrant? You aren't some civil rights crusader so just do everyone a favor and drop the holier than thou attitude.

Yeah, when it comes to voicing my opinion about needlessly offending someone on the basis of race by using a bigoted term, mark me down as holier than THOU any day.

And don't use the term 'everyone' when you really mean 'you'.
lesgrant
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Deuce » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:07 pm

Mark McGwire admitted to using Andro. At the time it was not a banned substance. But, because he was media friendly, he got off easy. Same goes for Sosa, except he hasn't admitted anything. Barry has admitted to using an unknown substance (unknown to you and me). But because the media and Barry don't get along. Everytime you hear the word BALCO, you also hear Barry's trainers name.

Leave Barry alone. He's already broken the single season homerun record and he is gonna break the all time homerun record.

Where was all of this madness when McGwire and Sosa were illegally breaking records? 8-o
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers