Do i help a brotha out? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Do i help a brotha out?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Do i help a brotha out?

Postby stoner420 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:16 pm

ok dilemma: Im in a pretty competative fbb league and everyone is preparing more and more this year. There are about 4 of us who are really putting alot of effort into prep for this years draft. One of my friends has already done an excel spreadsheet with his projected stats including ppg for all of the mlb players. I have done this as well. Heres the issue... he had saved his to a disk which broke... and now he doesnt have any of his cheat sheets. hours and hours of work waisted. After this happened he asked me if he could have my spreadsheet claiming that he would obviously make major changes...but it would save him time. So if u were me would u be selfish and not give the friend my sheet.... or be a good friend and give it to him. Its a pay league(50) so the money actually matters and i would say that he is one of 4 guys who has a shot of beating me this year. what do i do?
stoner420
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:18 pm

How about giving him the names in rank, but erasing your actual number projection, so he won't see them, and HAS to make his own. The way I see it, if he is definetly making major changes, even if you screw around with your own order of players, he wouldn't notice/care because hes changing everything anyways. like he said...

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Irish » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:22 pm

Zito is God wrote:How about giving him the names in rank, but erasing your actual number projection, so he won't see them, and HAS to make his own. The way I see it, if he is definetly making major changes, even if you screw around with your own order of players, he wouldn't notice/care because hes changing everything anyways. like he said...

That sounds good. I would help him out. I mean, you don't want to get ahead on a technicality IMO. You'll feel much better when you win the league because of your hard work, no excuses from anyone else.
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stoner420 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:27 pm

i guess that sounds like a good call... i could just give the list
stoner420
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stoner420 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:31 pm

i just talked to him... he said he only wants it if i give him what i have for ppg.... and since we are in a pts league thats prob the most importnat stat... do i give it to him?
stoner420
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MrBaseball76 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:39 pm

Hell No!!..........Since when is fantasy baseball a team sport......... well actually I view all of you guys in the cafe as being on my team, but all the other suckers in my league..........they're on their own. I've enjoyed winning the $500 the last 2 years straight and an shooting for a 3 peat. If you give him the list and beats you you'll be kicking yourself all off season.
MrBaseball76
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:41 pm

I don't mind giving out my projections on a person by person basis, but the whole list? I put a lot of time into it...

I'd say no, but I'd be willing to help him when he asks.

Even if he does change your list around a good bit, he'd still know who you're targeting, right? It's too much for him to ask. I know I wouldn't ask a leaguemate for that much.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:44 pm

Being that it's a money league, I would tell him rankings only - take it or leave it.

In a free league, I would be more willing to share.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Fireball Express » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:45 pm

Since it's a money league, I say tell your friend that he should be more careful with his belongings. Buy him a FB mag as a gesture of friendship, pat him on the back and tell him you also worked hard and long on your projections. You should not have to compromise classified fantasy information because someone else is careless.
Fireball Express
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pedantic » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:45 pm

I most definitely wouldn't give them to him. How do you even know he doesn't still have his projections? Yes, that's the paranoid freak in me talking, but, still, better safe than sorry, IMO.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers