Your Top 10 Picks? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Your Top 10 Picks?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:09 pm

Zito is God wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:Well, you're getting a pretty good idea of how the top 10 will go from these other posts - that's how I'd take them as well. But here's who I think the top 10 performers will be this season:

Pujols
Arod
Pedro
RJ
Soriano
Helton
Vlad
Prior
Beltran
Abreu

I agree with you most of the time, but I think this is ridiculous. Soriano outperforming Abreu and Vlad?!

I agree with myself a lot of the time, too, and I know that this is kind of out-on-a-limb territory. But I see Soriano bouncing back in a big, big way this year.

And if you want to get nutty, ask me about Andruw Jones. He's going to close in on .300 with 40 homers this year.

And, yeah, Pedro #3. He's going to have a big year in Shea and the NL. Wait and see.
Last edited by Absolutely Adequate on Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brandnew » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:10 pm

Pedro #3?
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:11 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
Absolutely Adequate wrote:Well, you're getting a pretty good idea of how the top 10 will go from these other posts - that's how I'd take them as well. But here's who I think the top 10 performers will be this season:

Pujols
Arod
Pedro
RJ
Soriano
Helton
Vlad
Prior
Beltran
Abreu

I agree with you most of the time, but I think this is ridiculous. Soriano outperforming Abreu and Vlad?!

I agree with myself a lot of the time, too, and I know that this is kind of out-on-a-limb territory. But I see Soriano bouncing back in a big, big way this year.

And if you want to get nutty, ask me about Andruw Jones. He's going to close in on .300 with 40 homers this year.

What makes you think that about Andruw? I am not an Andruw basher, and even own him in a league or two...but I'm just curious what makes you think he'll breakout all of a sudden? Intuition?
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Zito is God » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:16 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
Zito is God wrote:

Pujols
Arod
Pedro
RJ
Soriano
Helton
Vlad
Prior
Beltran
Abreu

And, yeah, Pedro #3. He's going to have a big year in Shea and the NL. Wait and see.

I can see pedro being jusified at #3, I'll even make the case for you.

1.) He is in a new friendly enviorment with a lot of young players = lot less pressure
2. Diffrent league, hitters haven't seen him.
3. Shea is pitchers paradise.
4. I see Howe being smart and not overworking him so he won't throw his arm out to by IP # 100.

But Soriano, while I see him still going in the first (VERY late), I can't see him above Vlad . Can I hear your case for Soriano over Vlad stricktly?

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby slomo007 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:19 pm

ZIG, he's saying who the top 10 performers will be....not the top 10 draft picks.

Performance wise, if Soriano hits .290, 40/25, he'll be more valuable than Vlad due to 2b.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:20 pm

Sure. I think that Soriano is better than we saw last year. I think the maturing Texas lineup is even better this year, giving him more protection. I think Vlad will miss a little - but not substantial time due to the occasional flare-up of his back. I think Soriano will steal twice as many bags as Vlad. And I think he'll do this in a 2b crop where nobody else is even close.

Oh, and I'm betting on the magical age of 27 for Andruw to finally mature. Call that one gut.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cowmatt » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:23 pm

Here is my top 10 at the moment

1. Albert Pujols
2. Vladimer Guerrero
3. Alex Rodriguez
4. Carlos Beltran
5. Manny Ramirez
6. Miguel Tejada
7. Johan Santana
8. Alfonso Soriano
9. Todd Helton
10. Randy Johnson
Cowmatt
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Zito is God » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:23 pm

andruw is an intreting case, everytime I see him hit it looks likehes just hacking. His K rate always frightens me, and his attitude ain't too great either, but I like the lineup, and I can see him hit 35 HRs with 100 RBIs easily. IDK about 40 though...

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby brandnew » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:21 am

Did you watch his playoffs and 2nd Half last year? I actually agree with him about Andruw, kind of. Though I think it'll be .288 38

There's no way Pedro hits #3... he's lost too much on that fastball..
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:54 am

slomo007 wrote:ZIG, he's saying who the top 10 performers will be....not the top 10 draft picks.

Performance wise, if Soriano hits .290, 40/25, he'll be more valuable than Vlad due to 2b.

you think so?

how low would Vlad's numbers have to be for position scarcity to be that much of a factor. I mean forty to fifty basis points higher in BA isnt enough?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers