Ever hang by a tree by your knee? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Ever hang by a tree by your knee?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ever hang by a tree by your knee?

Postby acsguitar » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:31 pm

I did...I was skiing this weekend at copper and got my leg caught under a fallen tree unfortunately my body kept going forward...i heard a loud crackle like cracking your neck...I hung there for a good minute.screaming for my buddy...i was able to somehow do a backwords sit up and grab the fallen tree and plant myself on a ski poll...My buddy finally made his way up through the trees and unbuckled me...i pretty much thought I was done for the season...after getting out of my binding i was in shock that my knee felt fine!! we hiked out of the woods for 45 minutes and i only had slight pain! ... I think im ok probably just a bad sprain...at least my ACL is still there! Anyways it was a crappy experience and hopefully il be back on the mountain in 3 weeks or so...No swelling and no brusing makes me think all is well...anyways anyone ever have knee injuries like that?
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ever hang by a tree by your knee?

Postby Rico The Retard » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:35 pm

acsguitar wrote:I did...I was skiing this weekend at copper and got my leg caught under a fallen tree unfortunately my body kept going forward...i heard a loud crackle like cracking your neck...I hung there for a good minute.screaming for my buddy...i was able to somehow do a backwords sit up and grab the fallen tree and plant myself on a ski poll...My buddy finally made his way up through the trees and unbuckled me...i pretty much thought I was done for the season...after getting out of my binding i was in shock that my knee felt fine!! we hiked out of the woods for 45 minutes and i only had slight pain! ... I think im ok probably just a bad sprain...at least my ACL is still there! Anyways it was a crappy experience and hopefully il be back on the mountain in 3 weeks or so...No swelling and no brusing makes me think all is well...anyways anyone ever have knee injuries like that?

o poor baby, want grandma to make you some hot cocoa
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:16 pm

Rico The Retard wrote:
acsguitar wrote:I did...I was skiing this weekend at copper and got my leg caught under a fallen tree unfortunately my body kept going forward...i heard a loud crackle like cracking your neck...I hung there for a good minute.screaming for my buddy...i was able to somehow do a backwords sit up and grab the fallen tree and plant myself on a ski poll...My buddy finally made his way up through the trees and unbuckled me...i pretty much thought I was done for the season...after getting out of my binding i was in shock that my knee felt fine!! we hiked out of the woods for 45 minutes and i only had slight pain! ... I think im ok probably just a bad sprain...at least my ACL is still there! Anyways it was a crappy experience and hopefully il be back on the mountain in 3 weeks or so...No swelling and no brusing makes me think all is well...anyways anyone ever have knee injuries like that?

Son don't make me have your mother beat you again
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Rico The Retard » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:02 am

acsguitar wrote:
Rico The Retard wrote:

Son don't make me have your mother beat you again

not mama, please, dont tell mama
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:25 am

Knees have been fine for me. Tore the tendons in my ankle as a kid when I stepped on a curb wrong playing football in the street. Closest thing to a knee injury for me is my kid brother tore his ACL twice before the age of 18.

Good to hear that you are ok. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby JTWood » Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:17 am

Wow... 8-o

Crazy story, acs.

The closest I can come to that is when I was playing tennis and was certain that I'd tore my ACL or something. I had just run to my left to hit a backhand, and I was mostly off the court. I was doing the traditional sideways hop back to the middle of the court when my opponent laid out a beauty of a drop shot. It was straight in front of me, so I stopped, planted my left foot, and pushed off. Apparently, it didn't like that.

My knee made a popping noise, and I felt a stab like a needle right through the outside of it. I immediately dropped to the ground. It was weak for a second, and I was up walking around in minutes. My opponent said he heard the pop all of the way on the other side of the court. Never had a problem since then.

I still won the match, too.

:-D

Anyway, watch out for trees from now on, ok?

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:37 am

Yea I probably shouldn't have been going through tight trees after skiing a Double black mogul run that exhausted me....ahh well...I was reading somewhere that you can tear your ACL and not even konw it...although most of the time you are in pain...Im gonna try to make it through the season then get an XRAY...must ski!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby ironman » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:23 pm

http://familydoctor.org/135.xml

I had this in both knees. They say it goes away when you're older but your knees are never the same. It probably didn't help that I wrestled all through junior high and high school and pretty much played through the pain the whole time.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 97)

Postby Madison » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:21 pm

ironman wrote:http://familydoctor.org/135.xml

I had this in both knees. They say it goes away when you're older but your knees are never the same. It probably didn't help that I wrestled all through junior high and high school and pretty much played through the pain the whole time.

Why is that classified as a disease? Seems just like a strain to me. :-? I'd say we've all probably had that strain before. I know I have. Thought it was shin splints at first, but it went away in a few days on it's own so I knew it was just a strain. No idea why it's considered a disease though. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:30 pm

See, stuff like that never happens to you on the beach. You crazy snow and cold weather people. :-D Seriously, glad to hear it wasn't anything too serious. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk