Draft day strategy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Draft day strategy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft day strategy

Postby Diamond Dusters » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:16 am

Evenin folks. Have my first draft comin up in a month and I have the last pick in a serpentine draft, giving me back to back picks. Anyone see an advantage to maybe stealing a closer witht that second one. Its a twelve man draft giving me picks 12 and 13. Or would I be better served to go power and speed in those spots, Scott Rolen and Juan Pierre for example. Since I won't be picking again until 36 and 37, what are the odds of some of the top 5 closers falling that far. Thinkin along the Gagne, Ridge, Rivera lines.

Thanks
Diamond Dusters
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby whitesox04champs » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:30 am

Is saves a big value in this league or somn-otherwise u should cut down ur obsession with it.
whitesox04champs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Diamond Dusters » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:37 am

Its a 5x5. Saves are big but I dont have any of the specs yet on point values. Anyone ever been in this spot before. And I want a nasty team. The guys who'll be right there when a brawl breaks out.
Diamond Dusters
T-Ball Trainer

Re: Draft day strategy

Postby Pedantic » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:41 am

Diamond Dusters wrote:Evenin folks. Have my first draft comin up in a month and I have the last pick in a serpentine draft, giving me back to back picks. Anyone see an advantage to maybe stealing a closer witht that second one. Its a twelve man draft giving me picks 12 and 13. Or would I be better served to go power and speed in those spots, Scott Rolen and Juan Pierre for example. Since I won't be picking again until 36 and 37, what are the odds of some of the top 5 closers falling that far. Thinkin along the Gagne, Ridge, Rivera lines.

Thanks

Far too early for Juan Pierre. I think you would be best served by taking players that will give you good or great value in all or at least most categories (Crawford perhaps being the lone exception). If Gagne falls to 36, I would take him. I would probably be loathe to take any other closer that early though. Is the league roto or H2H?
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Pedantic » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:43 am

Diamond Dusters wrote:Its a 5x5. Saves are big but I dont have any of the specs yet on point values. Anyone ever been in this spot before. And I want a nasty team. The guys who'll be right there when a brawl breaks out.

The brawl category, eh? Haven't seen that one before. O:-) ;-)
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Diamond Dusters » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:52 am

no reason you cant have a feisty team on paper full of scrappers who bring it every nite. Better to have one of them than a dog if the nummbers are comparative. That way I can give the guys in my league what for.
Is there a site anywhere I can design my own logos that anyone knows of. Need something to get away from all the numbers you know
Diamond Dusters
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Pedantic » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:32 am

I don't know about sites that let you design your own logo, however, there is a forum for requesting custom graphics. You can also use a program. Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro are the most widely used. I use Photoshop, personally.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Draft day strategy

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Feb 13, 2005 9:26 am

Diamond Dusters wrote:Evenin folks. Have my first draft comin up in a month and I have the last pick in a serpentine draft, giving me back to back picks. Anyone see an advantage to maybe stealing a closer witht that second one. Its a twelve man draft giving me picks 12 and 13. Or would I be better served to go power and speed in those spots, Scott Rolen and Juan Pierre for example. Since I won't be picking again until 36 and 37, what are the odds of some of the top 5 closers falling that far. Thinkin along the Gagne, Ridge, Rivera lines.

Thanks

i would not be looking at rolen, pierre, or a closer at 12 and 13..... there is several mock drafts going on here and even here that should help you out with the way players are being selected...and you can see when rolen, pierre, and the closers are going.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team