Bobby Abreu's "career" year... I don't think so - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bobby Abreu's "career" year... I don't think so

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Cow » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:04 am

2001 and 2004 were very similar years, I think CM erred. So 2004 was slightly better than 2001, but not by much. You can't call 2004 a career year when he has done it before and has close to the same numbers on other occasions. A career is what Javy Lopez had in 2003, easily his best year. Abreu numbers were to be expected. Its not like he was Brady Anderson jacking 50!

COW
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PhillyFan1 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:22 pm

Same numbers this year, What a park!! he plays in!!
"I am, who I become; therefore success is not a destination, but rather a never ending journey."
PhillyFan1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:31 pm

The Cow wrote:2001 and 2004 were very similar years, I think CM erred. So 2004 was slightly better than 2001, but not by much. You can't call 2004 a career year when he has done it before and has close to the same numbers on other occasions. A career is what Javy Lopez had in 2003, easily his best year. Abreu numbers were to be expected. Its not like he was Brady Anderson jacking 50!

COW

well, you would have to take it up with rototimes then, I was just giving you the values they had for him. Maybe because value is largly dependent on avg and standard deviation from other players that there was such a large discrepency in value between the two years. The point still remains - he never finished remotely as high as he did in '04. Very good player - just overrated heading intothis yr.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Jury » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:56 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
The Cow wrote:2001 and 2004 were very similar years, I think CM erred. So 2004 was slightly better than 2001, but not by much. You can't call 2004 a career year when he has done it before and has close to the same numbers on other occasions. A career is what Javy Lopez had in 2003, easily his best year. Abreu numbers were to be expected. Its not like he was Brady Anderson jacking 50!

COW

well, you would have to take it up with rototimes then, I was just giving you the values they had for him. Maybe because value is largly dependent on avg and standard deviation from other players that there was such a large discrepency in value between the two years. The point still remains - he never finished remotely as high as he did in '04. Very good player - just overrated heading intothis yr.

Excellent way to get all my thoughts into one simple sentence ;-D
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers