SF & Pedro Feliz??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

SF & Pedro Feliz???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Tavish » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:24 am

Havok1517 wrote:You gotta start planning for the future sometime and give a guy a chance to learn and produce. That is not anywhere near Snow.

I agree you have to start planning for the future and Snow isn't the future. But there is really no reason to expect Feliz to be the future either. He isn't young and he hasn't ever shown the ability to be a quality player. He is a fill in with decent power and not much else. He will get his ABs this season but unless SF has completely lost their minds he is not the future.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TownDrunk » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:32 am

Havok1517 wrote:You gotta start planning for the future sometime and give a guy a chance to learn and produce. That is not anywhere near Snow.

And the Giants aren't planning for the future until Bonds retires after 06. Right now, they're playing to win it all. And Snow starting gives them a better chance than Feliz.

End of discussion ;-)

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:41 am

Fine, don't take in consideration Feliz's RBI's & HR. Think of all the good balls he'd get to see batting in front of Bonds.

You're Wrong and SF is making a bad move not having Feliz in thier everyday lineup.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 103)

Postby TownDrunk » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:51 am

Fine, don't take in consideration Feliz's RBI's & HR. Think of all the good balls he'd get to see batting in front of Bonds.

You're Wrong and SF is making a bad move not having Feliz in thier everyday lineup.

All the same balls Snow is going to see, right?

Feliz is going to get starters AB’s this year, so I don’t know why you’re making a fuss.

And if I fail to take into account his HR and RBI, then you fail to take into account Snow’s gold glove defense, his BA, OBP, and his OPS.

Snow trumps Feliz.

Sorry.

[b]25[/b]
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby orange12 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:09 am

Pedro Feliz has got serious power that Snow no longer has at this point in his career. But you cannot stick a guy like Feliz, who barely broke .300 OBP for the first time last season, in front of Bonds. The key for the Giants is to find people who can get on base in front of Bonds so he can do his thing. In that respect, Snow and his career .358 OBP is a perfect fit. (Though whether we'll see the Snow of last year or the one from the three previous years is another matter.) Feliz would be a great #6 guy where he can take his free hacks without worrying about getting on base for anyone.

Feliz brings up an interesting question though. Why is the Giants farm system so inept at producing good prospects? You can't blame it on Sabean for trading away talent because, honestly, 90% of the talent he trades away sucks. (Ryan Vogelsong anyone? :-b ) I guess you can say Williams and Foppert are promising but those are the first two I've seen for the past half decade.
orange12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sockeye » Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:55 pm

TownDrunk wrote:

All the same balls Snow is going to see, right?

Feliz is going to get starters AB’s this year, so I don’t know why you’re making a fuss.

And if I fail to take into account his HR and RBI, then you fail to take into account Snow’s gold glove defense, his BA, OBP, and his OPS.

Snow trumps Feliz.

Sorry.

Plus, if you ever need small children removed from the field in a big hurry, you gotta have Snow in there.

That has got to be one of my all-time favorite home plate plays.
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers