Bronson Arroyo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bronson Arroyo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Bronson Arroyo

Postby kentx12 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:55 pm

Any projections for him this year? Last year he was pretty good will he be able to do it again this year?
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AKhomebrewer » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:01 pm

I like him a lot if I can get him as a No. 4 or 5 SP. He's only had one season as a starter (and not quite a full season, at that), but he exhibits excellent poise in that madhouse. He should give you good K's and WHIP, a decent ERA and 12+ wins.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:06 pm

I think he will be good if he cracks the starting rotation. If Schilling and Miller are healthy, he could be hurting for starts.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:07 pm

Pretty bullish on Arroyo. He cut down BBs and HRs in the second half. If he can keep it up, he has a very chance to post an ERA under 4.00 with some Ws and Ks.

Should be a solid #4 type on a fantasy team.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheRock » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:36 pm

I like him. Picked him up in every league last year. I'd say he was one of the top 25 or so starters in the second half. If he can get a rotation spot I think he'll really do well. But don't overpay for him, he's not Aaron Rowand! ;-)
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 8)

Re: Bronson Arroyo

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:41 pm

kentx12 wrote:Any projections for him this year? Last year he was pretty good will he be able to do it again this year?

12-9 4.30 1.30 WHIP and 135 K

Worth a $2 bid but not $3 :-D

Actually if you take him out of your lineup when he pitches at Fenway he could help you a lot more. He got just clobbered whenever he pitched at home. I don't have the splits in front of me but I believe that his ERA was doubled at home 8-o
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)

Re: Bronson Arroyo

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:58 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
kentx12 wrote:Any projections for him this year? Last year he was pretty good will he be able to do it again this year?

12-9 4.30 1.30 WHIP and 135 K

Worth a $2 bid but not $3 :-D

Actually if you take him out of your lineup when he pitches at Fenway he could help you a lot more. He got just clobbered whenever he pitched at home. I don't have the splits in front of me but I believe that his ERA was doubled at home 8-o

H- 5.35 ERA/ 1.51 WHIP
A - 3.06 ERA/ 1.01 WHIP

:-°

Im not that hyped on him, there are too many similar pitchers for me to waste a pick on Arroyo.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby red_sox_fan2004 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:22 pm

Being a huge Sox fan I've had a chance to watch this guy a lot and let me tell you there is a lot to be impressed about when it comes to Bronson Arroyo. He is still relatively young I believe 27 and has improved with each start since being with the Red Sox. One thing to consider about Arroyo though is sicne the Red Sox signed Clement, Wells, Miller while at the same time kept Schilling and Wakefield Arroyo might foind himself on the outside looking in as far as the starting rotation comes. The Red Sox are high on Arroyo when it comes to being a starter and even higher when he's coming from the bullpen. As far as Fantasy value goes he may take a hit in all major categories as a resultof being in the bull pen but is still a great guy to add to your roster late in the draft.
The one and only sane Red Sox fan in New England!
red_sox_fan2004
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thedude » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:22 pm

he will do well if he makes the rotation, but that is a big if. right now he is sloted to be in the bullpen.
the Red Sox Rotation at this time projects to be:

1) Schilling
2)Clement
3) Miller
4) Wells
5) Wakefeild

If Wade Miller is hurt to start the year, then Arroyo gets his spot, or if somebody struggles he will step in. But right now he is the odd man out.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Bozo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:51 pm

I gotta disagree with thedude, assuming Miller is healthy (and I think that will be doubtful to start the season) the odd guy out will probably be Wakefield. He wasnt too strong last year and I think the Sox realize that an "end of his career" kind of pitcher like Wakefield is shouldn't be blocking an up and comer like Arroyo. You gotta like the K/BB ratio for a kid in his first year, the best is yet to come. Within 2 years (once Schilling and Wells retire) Arroyo will be one of the leaders of this staff.
Bozo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers