Preston Wilson or CoCo Crisp? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Preston Wilson or CoCo Crisp?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:41 pm

lbbaseball14 wrote:heres the infatuation... 30 hr and 120 rbi's in coors...

OK. So he had two knee surgeries in one season correct? The Rockies are going to trade him as soon as he shows any sign of bouncing back. Chances are, he won't even start the season 100%. I just don't think that Preston will be healthy enough to contribute.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:14 pm

Yoda wrote:

OK. So he had two knee surgeries in one season correct? The Rockies are going to trade him as soon as he shows any sign of bouncing back. Chances are, he won't even start the season 100%. I just don't think that Preston will be healthy enough to contribute.

You forgot to add try to trade him. They couldn't even get Cameron for him. We're not talking about wasting an 8th rounder on him. I bet you that there will be a bunch of OF on the WW to replace Crisp. I can't say the same about Wilson at his best. Even if he's not, then what have you lost?? Either is easily replaceable on the WW but Wilson is the better gamble, IMHO.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:26 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Yoda wrote:

You forgot to add try to trade him. They couldn't even get Cameron for him. We're not talking about wasting an 8th rounder on him. I bet you that there will be a bunch of OF on the WW to replace Crisp. I can't say the same about Wilson at his best. Even if he's not, then what have you lost?? Either is easily replaceable on the WW but Wilson is the better gamble, IMHO.

Fair enough... But people are way overrating Preston's abilities here. Afterall, even in his BEST season (aided by Coors), he was barely good enough to get on base with an OPS well under .900. Maybe I'm completely wrong and he comes back stronger than ever. I just don't think that he will be healthy.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:31 pm

Yoda wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Fair enough... But people are way overrating Preston's abilities here. Afterall, even in his BEST season (aided by Coors), he was barely good enough to get on base with an OPS well under .900. Maybe I'm completely wrong and he comes back stronger than ever. I just don't think that he will be healthy.

That's fine but OPS isn't even an issue in most leagues. In a standard 5X5 league, his best season was awesome. .282 with 36 HR, 141 RBI, and 14 steals. Now, everyone knows that the SB will be nonexistant but he could put up nice power numbers. I don't even value him that much. I just think that he is worth the gamble at that spot in the draft.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers