Preston Wilson or CoCo Crisp? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Preston Wilson or CoCo Crisp?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby trevisc » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:56 am

Preston Wilson over CoCo
trevisc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2004,2005 Keeper League Champion

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:20 am

Coco for me... Preston is still not 100% after missing most of 04. Also, COL has been trying to trade him ever since they got him! As soon as he does well, he'll be out of there.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby prodpaul » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:33 am

Preston for me as well. If he stays healthy and remains in the thin air look out.

Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Yoda » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:53 am

Two knee surgeries in one year and still not 100%... Do not understand the infatuation with Preston...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:03 am

I don't think it's infatuation, it looks more like someone deciding to take a 15th round flyer on Preston or CoCo...in that situation, I think you go with who has more potential, the better upside - this point in the draft is where you take some risks, I'd go for Preston without question.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby Ron Santo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:37 am

Wilson.
Yes it is a gamble, but assuming he is your 4th or 5th OF- You have to grab a guy that is only 1 year removed from a MVP caliber season with 140+ RBI.
"People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."-- Rogers Hornsby
Ron Santo
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Dans » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:13 pm

It seems pretty close. How much $$ are we talking about for either of them in a 12 team mixed league auction ($260 cap)?
Dans
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:29 pm

pokerplaya wrote:I don't think it's infatuation, it looks more like someone deciding to take a 15th round flyer on Preston or CoCo...in that situation, I think you go with who has more potential, the better upside - this point in the draft is where you take some risks, I'd go for Preston without question.

Agreed. IMHO, you will be able to replace Crisp with a few players on the WW. If Preston stays healthy, he is a late gem. If not, then you just replace him like you would with Crisp. No infatuation here. Just a calculated risk. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:53 pm

15th round , with 12 teams...

Had to go with the "Superstar" potential... Started to think back, and remembered many years ago, when everyone thought Larry Walker was done, because of multiple knee surgeries, and other ailments, only to comeback that next year to put up one of the best overall offensive seasons ever by an individual player.. (Not comparing Preston's hitting abilities to L.Walkers...) Just thinking back to how everyone wrote Larry off, and in that inflated air of coors field came back with a vengance... 15th round... I agree..I needed to go for the gold, what's the worse that could happen..I wasted a 15th round pick..Whippee ;-)

Thanks for all the input..Some really good stuff in there.. Man I love the Cafe ;-D
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby lbbaseball14 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 2:57 pm

heres the infatuation... 30 hr and 120 rbi's in coors...
*Thanks to Super Manny*
lbbaseball14
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers