Eddie Guardado? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Eddie Guardado?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:20 pm

Eddie's a lock for a WHIP under 1, and besides he closers that play for perennial winners, saves are a crapshoot. I like Eddie cause his WHIP is very low for where you'll get him in the draft.
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:40 pm

Due to his preceived high injury risk, you should be able to get Guardado at great value. Given the contract he's just signed, I say he'll probably be fine and will post 35 plus saves with excellent ratios. However, to be on the safeside, if you do draft Eddie, also ensure you grab JJ Putz as well in the last round.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Purple Haze » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:19 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:Due to his preceived high injury risk, you should be able to get Guardado at great value. Given the contract he's just signed, I say he'll probably be fine and will post 35 plus saves with excellent ratios. However, to be on the safeside, if you do draft Eddie, also ensure you grab JJ Putz as well in the last round.

Already with ya on that... Thanks.. Putz is a Must!

Oh Yeah...Hendrix is the best ;-D hence my sign on....
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:50 am

Bloody Nipples wrote:I just picked him as my #1 closer in the 11th round of a 16 team league as the 170th overall pick. I dont like him being my #1 closer, but he is a great value where I got him, IMO. I was forced into missing a couple closer runs, so thats why I only have him so far.

damn you! :-b

i wouldn't like him being my #1 closer either, but i'm betting on him being fine this year. you can always find closers during the season. don't gamble with him in an early round...but if he's available past the 12th, 13th...i'd say it's a good pick.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 211)

Postby Snowdog812 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:03 am

With the new studs on the corner, Sexson and Beltre, Seattle should win around 85-90 games and that should land Eddie at least a shot at 40 saves!
Snowdog812
T-Ball Trainer

Postby red_sox_fan2004 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:18 am

Good point. The Mariners are going to be much better offensively this year and don't overlook the the importance of a good set-up man. When Everyday Eddie was in Minnesota he had LaTroy Hawkins was his dominant set-up man. Last year the Mariners set-up man, Rafeal Soriano was injured I believe most of the year. This year with Soriano healthy much of the late inning pressure will be deverted to Rafeal instead of Eddie pitching 2 innings every time out.
The one and only sane Red Sox fan in New England!
red_sox_fan2004
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:00 pm

red_sox_fan2004 wrote: This year with Soriano healthy much of the late inning pressure will be deverted to Rafeal instead of Eddie pitching 2 innings every time out.

Soriano is out until atleast July....but probably longer... :-/

Rototimes wrote:Ideally, Rafael Soriano will be recovered from his Tommy John surgery around the All-Star break, according to the Seattle Times. "It's usually 12 to 15 months to come back, but he might be able to do it in 11," trainer Rick Griffin said. "He could pitch in the majors in July, if it continues to go smoothly."
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers