Anyone want Gmail??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Anyone want Gmail???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:48 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:what are the advantages of gmail over something like Yahoo mail (which I currently have)? The only difference I know about is the space. In other words, tell me why I should switch to Gmail.


Google doesn't use the cheesy advertising lines at the end of your emails. If you are not sure what I mean, send an email to yourself from your Yahoo account and look at the advertising it adds.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Nipples » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:51 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:what are the advantages of gmail over something like Yahoo mail (which I currently have)? The only difference I know about is the space. In other words, tell me why I should switch to Gmail.


Google doesn't use the cheesy advertising lines at the end of your emails. If you are not sure what I mean, send an email to yourself from your Yahoo account and look at the advertising it adds.


anything differences in the interface or the features it offers? Is there a reason I should switch? I would have to inform everybody in my address book and other people as well, which might be a pain, so would the benefits of gmail over yahoo mail justify a switch?
Image
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3745
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: doing my laundry...

Postby Rirruto » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:38 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:what are the advantages of gmail over something like Yahoo mail (which I currently have)? The only difference I know about is the space. In other words, tell me why I should switch to Gmail.


Google doesn't use the cheesy advertising lines at the end of your emails. If you are not sure what I mean, send an email to yourself from your Yahoo account and look at the advertising it adds.


anything differences in the interface or the features it offers? Is there a reason I should switch? I would have to inform everybody in my address book and other people as well, which might be a pain, so would the benefits of gmail over yahoo mail justify a switch?


They've integrated a search engine into the account so you can basically search for any word or phrase and all the emails that have that phrase will come up. Basically a Google search for your email.
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:04 pm

Toss the info over to my inbox Rirruto and let me take a look at it if you don't mind.... :-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 13084
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: floating around on the 3rd rock

Postby slomo007 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:57 pm

I've got an account with invites as well, so let me know if anyone's interested. I posted this in the classified forum a couple of weeks ago and gave away one account, but they are getting so common now that you can't even give them away. They used to sell on eBay for a few bucks per invite.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle Eye
Posts: 11960
Joined: 31 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:02 pm

DieHardCubbie wrote:Toss the info over to my inbox Rirruto and let me take a look at it if you don't mind.... :-)


PM me your email addy so I can give you an invite
Image
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2525
Joined: 29 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Mezzanine Section 12 @ Shea

Postby BGbootha » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:05 am

hey man, thanks a lot i got it set up today!!!!

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Any chance my girlfriend can get an invite as well???
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2825
Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Grading papers

Postby studplaya1114 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 3:34 am

BGbootha wrote:hey man, thanks a lot i got it set up today!!!!

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Any chance my girlfriend can get an invite as well???

PM me her email address...maybe even her phone number ;-7
or
You could wait like a couple weeks until you have your own invites
studplaya1114
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 257
Joined: 7 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: san francisco and hongkong

Postby Pedantic » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:26 am

I think I'll stick with Hotmail. Thanks for the offer though. ;-D
Image
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 6725
Joined: 5 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Funny movie quote that everyone knows

Postby BGbootha » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:02 pm

how long does it take to get your own invites??
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2825
Joined: 18 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Grading papers

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Aug. 2
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

NY Yankees at Boston
(4:05 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(7:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(8:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(9:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact