Maggs - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Maggs

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GSes » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:38 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:I'll think about taking him in the double digit rounds. No way before round 10. His numbers aren't going to be good enough to justify the risk. They are coming down from his White Sox days, and the injury scares me. I think he was still on crutches in September :-o .

your freakin crazy if you think he is still gonna be around come the 10 round. There is no way magglio will make it out of the 5th round in ANY draft. if he does your likely playing with a league full of people who simply go by 2004 stats.

every1 on this thread who says i will grab him in the 10 round or later..........your probably the same guy who one year ago said

Randy Johnson? no he isnt the same anymore, no way i would touch him, maybe i would risk it if he were there in round 23?

wut a joke. its these ppl who lose in fantasy baseball :-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:49 pm

GSes wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:I'll think about taking him in the double digit rounds. No way before round 10. His numbers aren't going to be good enough to justify the risk. They are coming down from his White Sox days, and the injury scares me. I think he was still on crutches in September :-o .

your freakin crazy if you think he is still gonna be around come the 10 round. There is no way magglio will make it out of the 5th round in ANY draft. if he does your likely playing with a league full of people who simply go by 2004 stats.

every1 on this thread who says i will grab him in the 10 round or later..........your probably the same guy who one year ago said

Randy Johnson? no he isnt the same anymore, no way i would touch him, maybe i would risk it if he were there in round 23?

wut a joke. its these ppl who lose in fantasy baseball :-D

You'd be surprised how late Magglio is going...just from looking at some of the mock drafts in the Cafe here is his draft position...
Mock 1-5.05
Mock 2- 4.06
H2H Mock- 8.3
H2H Mock 2- 7.3
H2H Mock 3- 7.7
and in Mock 3 he hasn't been taken as of the conclusion of Round 6. Therefore you can get him much later than round 3 as IMO he's not worth the risk there when you can get him 2 rounds later.
Also, it's pretty optimistic to believe he'll get 32 HR this year, considering he's been playing in the best (according to ESPN) HR park in the league the past few years and going to the 24th best in Comerica Park. And even in his last full healthy season 03' he only hit 29. I have him projected for 25 HR assuming he's healthy ;-D
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers