Sound Tribe Sector 9 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Sound Tribe Sector 9

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sound Tribe Sector 9

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:09 pm

I don't know if anyone has heard of them but they are one of my favorite bands...I've been a fan for about 5 years now...I first saw them in Charleston, S.C. at a small bar for like 5 bucks..I was one of like 12 people...Yesterday I saw them for probably the 10th time at the Fillmore in Denver...They sold it out...

About the band...

Sector 9 is a mix between jungle, trance, and rock... They probably have one of the sickest drummers ever...

Now I hate trance and jungle...But because they are a live band it makes it about 100000 percent better....

They have a drummer, bassist, guitarist, keys, and bongo player..plus all of the members have IMACS that they use to sample stuff...Its a pretty cool experience...This time when I saw them they had 4 artists on stage painting pictures while they played...it was pretty cooll

Anyways its super relaxing music...very cool and you should check it out....

go to http://www.sts9.com to learn more about them
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Sound Tribe Sector 9

Postby LBJackal » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:30 pm

acsguitar wrote:This time when I saw them they had 4 artists on stage painting pictures while they played


:-o

I don't know if this is my kind of music (I'm getting one of those weird underground, bad-poetry-that doesn't-rhyme type vibes) but I'll give them a shot.
Image

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 9196
Joined: 1 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Hotel Yorba

Re: Sound Tribe Sector 9

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:48 pm

LBJackal wrote:
acsguitar wrote:This time when I saw them they had 4 artists on stage painting pictures while they played


:-o

I don't know if this is my kind of music (I'm getting one of those weird underground, bad-poetry-that doesn't-rhyme type vibes) but I'll give them a shot.


They don't sing...so the poetry thing is out...

Its like breakbeat techno/jungle....its super cool not for everyone though
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Re: Sound Tribe Sector 9

Postby ironman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:45 pm

acsguitar wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
acsguitar wrote:This time when I saw them they had 4 artists on stage painting pictures while they played


:-o

I don't know if this is my kind of music (I'm getting one of those weird underground, bad-poetry-that doesn't-rhyme type vibes) but I'll give them a shot.


They don't sing...so the poetry thing is out...

Its like breakbeat techno/jungle....its super cool not for everyone though


I checked out a song or two of there's just now. They kind of remind me of Medeski, Martin and Wood, only more mellow and with a bit more of Trance vibe to them.
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Re: Sound Tribe Sector 9

Postby acsguitar » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:37 pm

ironman wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
LBJackal wrote:
acsguitar wrote:This time when I saw them they had 4 artists on stage painting pictures while they played


:-o

I don't know if this is my kind of music (I'm getting one of those weird underground, bad-poetry-that doesn't-rhyme type vibes) but I'll give them a shot.


They don't sing...so the poetry thing is out...

Its like breakbeat techno/jungle....its super cool not for everyone though


I checked out a song or two of there's just now. They kind of remind me of Medeski, Martin and Wood, only more mellow and with a bit more of Trance vibe to them.


Yea they are kinda like MMW...they've been around for a while now I think...Sector 9 is more trance....MMW is weird jazz if you ask me I'm not a fan...
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!


Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Sep. 17
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Colorado
(3:10 pm)
San Francisco at Arizona
(3:40 pm)
Toronto at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Miami at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Cincinnati at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Texas at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact