Falling alseep in class - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Falling alseep in class

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Falling alseep in class

Postby CubsFan7724 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:41 pm

JTWood wrote:
eftda wrote:I'm falling alseep in my Astronomy class.

Actually, I may have found the cause of the problem:

eftda's post time wrote:Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:40 am

Dude! What are you doing in class at 12:40 in the morning? Take classes at a normal time like the rest of humanity.
Can't see stars during the day, dummy :-D Anyways, Perlick great story.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby BigMusky » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:11 am

perlick29 wrote:Oh, young one's so much to learn:


Inevitably in any college class there are one or two people who NEED these kind of credits to graduate, so they work extra-hard.

Case-in-point: First semester of freshman year I take geology to fulfill a science requirement. It's a big lecture class and wouldn't you know it there is a delicious looking super-senior who needs the credits or else she wont graduate that semester. SO what do I do? Of course, I start talking to her at 9:40 in the morning. She became my morning delight, which earned me the nickname Paulie Nooners, a name which I am still fond of. The point here is, if you bone the hot older graduating woman, she'll help you study and do better in a class like astronomy or astrology or whatever. Trust me, this plan never fails and also you get to have everyone on your dorm floor hear you banging a 22 yr old. ;-D

I pulled the same thing in 2 of my other crappy core courses and it's gotten me very far. 3.81 GPA ;-D


I have never met any woman that would go bang a freshman in his dorm room. You must be quite the ladies man or your definition of delicious and mine are a little different.
Image
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2780
Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "Milla-walk-ay"

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:35 pm

BigMusky wrote:
perlick29 wrote:Oh, young one's so much to learn:


Inevitably in any college class there are one or two people who NEED these kind of credits to graduate, so they work extra-hard.

Case-in-point: First semester of freshman year I take geology to fulfill a science requirement. It's a big lecture class and wouldn't you know it there is a delicious looking super-senior who needs the credits or else she wont graduate that semester. SO what do I do? Of course, I start talking to her at 9:40 in the morning. She became my morning delight, which earned me the nickname Paulie Nooners, a name which I am still fond of. The point here is, if you bone the hot older graduating woman, she'll help you study and do better in a class like astronomy or astrology or whatever. Trust me, this plan never fails and also you get to have everyone on your dorm floor hear you banging a 22 yr old. ;-D

I pulled the same thing in 2 of my other crappy core courses and it's gotten me very far. 3.81 GPA ;-D


I have never met any woman that would go bang a freshman in his dorm room. You must be quite the ladies man or your definition of delicious and mine are a little different.


Good point. Unless you are packing and sporting a nice pocket protector, I don't see how any senior chick would dig the frosh. I also question how a senior, which basically means that she is almost done with school, would need some serious help in what is a freshman level Astronomy course.

Care to explain, Paul?? :-? :-b
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby ironman » Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:15 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I also question how a senior, which basically means that she is almost done with school, would need some serious help in what is a freshman level Astronomy course.


I recall being in GenEd courses when I was a freshman and having upper classmen in there totally sweating it. Basically they put off taking certain GenEd classes until the last second and then find themselves with one semester to go and having to take Global Geography or something and having no time to study for it because they have more important classes pertaining to their major that they are spending all their time with.

Also some people just aren't very good at certain subjects, geography, astronomy, geology, botany, yet they have to sometimes take these classes to fulfill GenEd requirements.

My school had a pretty stringent and comprehensive GenEd program. I remember putting off some of the courses until senior year. I took Oral Communications as a senior and majority of the class were freshmen and sophomores. It was kind of amusing watching these 18 year olds stumble through a speech/presentation with the confidence of a pimply adolescent. Also amusing was the 18 year old kid that would do their persuasive speech on legalizing marijuana thinking they were edgy and original and having the prof give them a 'D' because they were simply tired of that subject being used.
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 4901
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Postby perlick29 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:17 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
BigMusky wrote:
perlick29 wrote:Oh, young one's so much to learn:


Inevitably in any college class there are one or two people who NEED these kind of credits to graduate, so they work extra-hard.

Case-in-point: First semester of freshman year I take geology to fulfill a science requirement. It's a big lecture class and wouldn't you know it there is a delicious looking super-senior who needs the credits or else she wont graduate that semester. SO what do I do? Of course, I start talking to her at 9:40 in the morning. She became my morning delight, which earned me the nickname Paulie Nooners, a name which I am still fond of. The point here is, if you bone the hot older graduating woman, she'll help you study and do better in a class like astronomy or astrology or whatever. Trust me, this plan never fails and also you get to have everyone on your dorm floor hear you banging a 22 yr old. ;-D

I pulled the same thing in 2 of my other crappy core courses and it's gotten me very far. 3.81 GPA ;-D


I have never met any woman that would go bang a freshman in his dorm room. You must be quite the ladies man or your definition of delicious and mine are a little different.


Good point. Unless you are packing and sporting a nice pocket protector, I don't see how any senior chick would dig the frosh. I also question how a senior, which basically means that she is almost done with school, would need some serious help in what is a freshman level Astronomy course.

Care to explain, Paul?? :-? :-b


Sure I care to explain, Lo. :-b She was not the brightest bulb in the bulb box, but she was working really hard. Geology is fairly easy for me but for her it just wasn't taking. So she and I exchanged services. Eventually she got better than I was at the class so I was basically sleeping with her and getting good grades at the same time. Even better was that during freshman year was that I made this deal with a girl:

I'll sleep with you, and you do my laundry. College girls are easy and hot. Man I loved freshman year. Now I have a girlfriend for the past 10 months, no complaints because she happens to be a genius at folding clothes. :-D
Image
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4810
Joined: 10 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: praising the almighty Baseball Prospectus

Postby perlick29 » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:21 pm

By the way, during freshman year, I was a ladies man as you put t BM. I bet my friend that at one party I could make out slash bring home more girls than he could in one night. He was the captain of temple's crew team. I won 5-4. That last one of his shouldn't have counted as she was rather disgusting in a desperate attempt for him to catch up.

Those dog days are long gone, I'm now a freakin hopeless romantic. Damn me. :,-( :-)
Image
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4810
Joined: 10 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: praising the almighty Baseball Prospectus

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:47 pm

Does your current GF know about your past?? 8-o

Just because we're telling college stories, I have 1 that is more funny than anything. There was this cute sophomore (when I was a frosh) and I really wanted to get her attention. We were good friends but I wanted to take it to another level. 1 night, after much partying by me, she decided to come by my dorm room. This also happened to be my 1st try at drinking SoCo. Needless to say, I hurled my brains out about 15 minutes before she came over and I didn't have time to clean up properly. My advice to everyone would be not to try and hook up with a chick with your lunch stuck to your face. :-D I did end up getting the chick in the end, though. Just not that night. ;-D
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby BigMusky » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:23 pm

perlick29 wrote:By the way, during freshman year, I was a ladies man as you put t BM. I bet my friend that at one party I could make out slash bring home more girls than he could in one night. He was the captain of temple's crew team. I won 5-4. That last one of his shouldn't have counted as she was rather disgusting in a desperate attempt for him to catch up.

Those dog days are long gone, I'm now a freakin hopeless romantic. Damn me. :,-( :-)


Those guys on the temple crew team get all the chicks ;-7 I had a girlfriend (now wife) all through college, so I never got to practice my mack daddy skills. Alot of girls though tried to get me to cheat though so I suppose that counts for something ;-D
Image
BigMusky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2780
Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "Milla-walk-ay"

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hyyksynkaa and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 7:25 hours
(and 93 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact