Falling alseep in class - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Falling alseep in class

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Falling alseep in class

Postby eftda » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:40 am

I'm falling alseep in my Astronomy class. :-o I did horrible on the last test but its ok cause my professor drops one but I have another on Thursday. The class is right after lunch so its an unwanted siesta(sp). Theres no food, drink, or gum "allowed" in the dark planetarium and the guy has such a monotone voice that its almost impossible to stay awake. I wouldn't mind sneeking in some snacks or sugar but it can't be to obvious. I have 3 friends taking the class at the same time and we all study together, but after the forst 30 min were all sleep. Any ideas on how I can stay awake? I have the class 2 days a week and its two very hours long. :-/
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Nipples » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:48 am

pop some penguin mints (almost pure caffein) right before you start class. You'll be jittery throughout class, and then you'll crash. But at least you should stay awake! ;-D
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:51 am

Trucker's Choice pep pills. If they're good enough for Lisa Simpson, they're good enough for you. If those aren't available, most schools have a drug dealer who should be able to get his hands on some speed. If that fails too, there's always the option of going to bed earlier so you're not tired all the time.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby nikku88 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:25 am

How about getting more sleep the night before? It 100 percent effective. ;-)
nikku88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kentx12 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:16 am

nikku88 wrote:How about getting more sleep the night before? It 100 percent effective. ;-)

That would be my suggestion... :-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby JTWood » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:09 am

nikku88 wrote:How about getting more sleep the night before? It 100?percent effective. ;-)

Well, let's be honest. Your body wants to shut down for a break after lunch because it requires extra energy to digest food. In addition, depending on what he eats, there could be a spike in his blood-sugar level which will have to come down. The real answer is two-fold:
  1. Get more sleep, and
  2. Eat a sensibly-sized and relatively healthy meal.
I'm not kidding about this. I used to get super-tired two to three times per day. I picked up a couple diet books that focused on sugar and carb intake. One was Atkins, but that was way too extreme since I'm a tennis player and need to have carbs to freaking live.

The other was The South Beach Diet. What TSBD taught me was that it's not about avoiding carbs and sugars. It's about avoiding the bad carbs and sugars. If it's white, it's bad for you. It's been over-processed. If it's loaded with sugar, the same thing goes. Now, I eat white bread, snack on grain crackers, and I use NatraTaste as a sugar substitute (no bad aftertaste!). Lastly, I also snack constantly throughout the day instead of having one meal at lunch.

The point of all of this is that your trying to keep your blood sugar level steady and constant throughout the day. Eating large meals or having a lot of bad carbs/sugars can cause fluctuations in your blood sugar level. If your one of those people that gets extremely tired after lunch, your blood sugar is one potential culprit for it, and blood-sugar is very easily managed if you just eat better.

;-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:26 am

Are you allowed to bring in oxygen? That would do it.

If it's against the rules I would suggest borrowing a wheelchair and strapping the oxygen tank to the back. If this bothers your conscience just tell yourself that this is your future that you're dealing with.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby RugbyD » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:36 am

i hear crystal meth is pretty cheap nowadays.
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby blankman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:41 am

Here's a suggestion: Take a real class, something useful in life ;-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:45 am

blankman wrote:Here's a suggestion: Take a real class, something useful in life ;-)

Depending on your career choice, it is a real class. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Next

Return to General Talk