Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft II - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft II

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft II

Postby AI8818 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:12 am

I was taking a glance at this mock draft that some of the Yahoo "experts" have put together. It looks good for the most part I believe but I was wondering if anybody would make any changes to it. The numbers on the side of the player (+ -) are where they moved from mock draft I.

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis ... antasy/mlb
AI8818
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1257
Joined: 12 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Somers, NY

Postby Amazinz » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:31 am

Passing on Pujols at #1 to grab Arod. But if I've been seeing this alot, that's why they're the expert drafts.

I'd take Crawford late 1st round but at 4 ahead of Vlad, Tejad. etc. 8-o

Tadahito Iguchi in round 10? }:-)

The rest of the draft looked pretty good. Some surprises, like Lee, which I agree with expect he probably could have waited a round and still gotten him.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18800
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby Pokey » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:49 am

Amazinz wrote:I'd take Crawford late 1st round but at 4 ahead of Vlad, Tejad. etc. 8-o



that guy in the 4 hole drafted terribly:

1.Crawford
2.Renteria
3.Rollins (guess he wanted to corner the market on shotstops)
4. J. Lopez
5. F-Rod
6. S. Green
7. H. Matsui
8. Casey
9. Benitez
10. A. Boone
11. Rowand
12. Escobar (His first SP)
13. Rodrigo Lopez
14. Lieber
15. Lowe
16. Durham
17. Wright
18. Burnitz
19. Jenkins
20. Harang
21. Kotsay
22. B. Molina

While he did get some good value pitchers at the end, his SP is still really bad, and taking Crawford, Renteria, Rollins as his first 3 picks was just rediculous.
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1144
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vermont

Postby AI8818 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:52 am

I dont know though man, the "guy" is a real expert. :-b
AI8818
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1257
Joined: 12 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Somers, NY

Postby Flockers » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:06 pm

AI8818 wrote:I dont know though man, the "guy" is a real expert. :-b


:-b

I didn't think their picks were that bad. Some were questionable, but solid overall. Except the guy in the fourth spot, he was atrocious.
Image
Flockers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 362
Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby williesd » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:13 pm

Peavy in the 7th round?
williesd
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 262
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: San Diego

Postby CrimeDog » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:37 pm

Pokey wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I'd take Crawford late 1st round but at 4 ahead of Vlad, Tejad. etc. 8-o



that guy in the 4 hole drafted terribly:

1.Crawford
2.Renteria
3.Rollins (guess he wanted to corner the market on shotstops)
4. J. Lopez
5. F-Rod
6. S. Green
7. H. Matsui
8. Casey
9. Benitez
10. A. Boone
11. Rowand
12. Escobar (His first SP)
13. Rodrigo Lopez
14. Lieber
15. Lowe
16. Durham
17. Wright
18. Burnitz
19. Jenkins
20. Harang
21. Kotsay
22. B. Molina

While he did get some good value pitchers at the end, his SP is still really bad, and taking Crawford, Renteria, Rollins as his first 3 picks was just rediculous.



WOW!! 8-o
CrimeDog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1918
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 4 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Eastern Shore

Postby Rico The Retard » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:40 pm

wow that 4th spot guy is an idiot, why does he get the privilege in picking in a experts mock while probably every member here knows more than him
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5820
Joined: 16 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Magical Valley Of Love And Happiness


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 10:13 hours
(and 100 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact