Why I'd still take A-Rod first - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why I'd still take A-Rod first

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Drdobs » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:49 pm

CubsFan7744 = Not a Big Alex Rodriguez Fan
Drdobs
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:04 pm

No, I'm just being realistic in that I'd rather have Pujols or Vlad. I'm just not a subscriber that despite all evidence that ARod is going to return to his Texas numbers.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby metsfan05 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 9:35 pm

My Projections

A-Rod: 115 41 111 24 .294
Pujols: 131 48 123 5 .334

Based on my statistical analysis, Pujols is the better pick. He had a +6.84 at first base and A-Rod had a +4.29 at third (higher numbers are better). Pujols puts up much better numbers and A-Rod plays at a deeper position.
metsfan05
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Jury » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:23 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:
The Jury wrote:I'm part of the "A-ROD #1" fan club. He, Vlad, and Beltran are, IMO, the most complete fantasy players due to their speed element over Pujols. Pujols is a crazy slugger, but I'm in favour of the 25-40 SB to make up for the edge that Pujols has over the other 3. By grabbing the total package in your first pick, don't have to waste a starting slot on a speed demon who could hurt you in the power categories.
If Vlad returns to 25 SB hes handdowns #1. I'll say Vlad and Pujols beat ARod enough in BA and Vlad gets somewhere around 20 steals to top ARod. ARod cannot match the numbers that made him a #1 in Texas. It just isn't going to happen.

I'm not looking for A-Rod to match his Texas numbers. If he just improves a little on last year's numbers, and keeps his SB totals, then he's my man. Vlad is also a sick contender if he can get his running shoes back on a dozen more times.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Jury » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:24 am

metsfan05 wrote:My Projections

A-Rod: 115 41 111 24 .294
Pujols: 131 48 123 5 .334

Based on my statistical analysis, Pujols is the better pick. He had a +6.84 at first base and A-Rod had a +4.29 at third (higher numbers are better). Pujols puts up much better numbers and A-Rod plays at a deeper position.

Third base isn't the shallowest of positions this year but it's DEFINITELY not deeper than first base 8-o
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:17 am

The Jury wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:
The Jury wrote:I'm part of the "A-ROD #1" fan club. He, Vlad, and Beltran are, IMO, the most complete fantasy players due to their speed element over Pujols. Pujols is a crazy slugger, but I'm in favour of the 25-40 SB to make up for the edge that Pujols has over the other 3. By grabbing the total package in your first pick, don't have to waste a starting slot on a speed demon who could hurt you in the power categories.
If Vlad returns to 25 SB hes handdowns #1. I'll say Vlad and Pujols beat ARod enough in BA and Vlad gets somewhere around 20 steals to top ARod. ARod cannot match the numbers that made him a #1 in Texas. It just isn't going to happen.

I'm not looking for A-Rod to match his Texas numbers. If he just improves a little on last year's numbers, and keeps his SB totals, then he's my man. Vlad is also a sick contender if he can get his running shoes back on a dozen more times.

see, thats kinda the problem. In order to justify a #1 ranking, he has to do a lot more than a little improvement. Like I said before, he wasnt a top 10 hitter last yr, so to leapfrog Vlad and Pujols would take a lot more than 4-5 HRs.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers