Thome or Delgado? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thome or Delgado?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Nuclear29 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:11 pm

I vote Thome also. Very close, but Delgado is switching leagues and plays in a bigger park.
You go there once, you'll be there twice.
Nuclear29
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 451
Joined: 16 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: ...in a Strange Land.

Postby Secret Avatar » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:54 pm

Very close call. I'd choose whoever you can get cheapest in the draft.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Posts: 3235
Joined: 15 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:31 am

Yoda wrote:Carlos is moving to a new team, new league, new country. But the situation is MUCH better in FLA.


Much better? It's probably worse. For one, the offenses were a push, as Toronto outscored Florida last year. But the big difference is parks.

3 year run index
SkyDome 108
ProPlayer 96

3 year LHB hr index
SkyDome 110
ProPLayer 82

Expect Delgados hrs to probably drop a tad. Thome is the better pick.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
Posts: 15115
(Past Year: 296)
Joined: 12 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby free » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:09 am

ditto, thome ;-D. delgado's overall numbers will drop from just switching leagues not to mention moving to that park.
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 841
Joined: 13 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: charleston, wv

Postby jeff926 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:47 am

delgado will not go down in stats, he is going to be facing easier pitching this year cause he doesn't have to face boston and new york all the time. now its the mets (i think their staff is overrated) and the braves (injury risks all over)
you heard it here...
Seattle Mariners 2007 World Series Champs!
Felix Hernandez = 35 wins, 400K!
i can dream...
jeff926
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 670
Joined: 27 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: on the mound

Postby Rico The Retard » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:26 am

Thome, he is a sure thing that will get you consistent numbers all year, we dont know what will happen with delgado this year since he came off that injury and off year although i think hell rebound but still Thome is the clear choice
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 5820
Joined: 16 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Magical Valley Of Love And Happiness

Postby so0perspam » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:28 am

Rico The Retard wrote:Thome, he is a sure thing that will get you consistent numbers all year, we dont know what will happen with delgado this year since he came off that injury and off year although i think hell rebound but still Thome is the clear choice


Gotta agree with Rico. ;-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:41 am

if you ask me who i want cuz you gonna give him to me for free...i'd take thome. but in a draft i'd prolly end up taking delgado. i think they will have similar numbers, thome with more HR and delgado with better AVG, but i think you can take delgado a round after thome and that would be a better pick IMO.

who's gonna post better numbers...prolly thome. delgado moved to a better lineup...true, but to a worse ballpark. thome in the other hand didn't change teams, that ballpark there in philly seems like a HR launching pad, but he's 2 years older...
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14875
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby Yoda » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:48 am

HOOTIE wrote:
Much better? It's probably worse. For one, the offenses were a push, as Toronto outscored Florida last year. But the big difference is parks.

3 year run index
SkyDome 108
ProPlayer 96

3 year LHB hr index
SkyDome 110
ProPLayer 82

Expect Delgados hrs to probably drop a tad. Thome is the better pick.


Umm... correct me if I am wrong but Toronto scored more runs WITH Delgado in 04 did they not? Plus Toronoto scored exactly one more run than Florida.

Ball park effects is a very good argument though. Plus Delgado is swotching leagues so we don't know how he will adjust. As I said before, Thome is a safer pick but you can probalby grap Delgado a little later.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:53 pm

Yoda wrote:
HOOTIE wrote:
Much better? It's probably worse. For one, the offenses were a push, as Toronto outscored Florida last year. But the big difference is parks.

3 year run index
SkyDome 108
ProPlayer 96

3 year LHB hr index
SkyDome 110
ProPLayer 82

Expect Delgados hrs to probably drop a tad. Thome is the better pick.


Umm... correct me if I am wrong but Toronto scored more runs WITH Delgado in 04 did they not? Plus Toronoto scored exactly one more run than Florida.

Ball park effects is a very good argument though. Plus Delgado is swotching leagues so we don't know how he will adjust. As I said before, Thome is a safer pick but you can probalby grap Delgado a little later.
Umm, he even said that the offenses were a push, so they didnt really matter. I'll take Thome. Better HRs, RBIs, Rs, and a better park.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact