Cabrera vs. Teixeira - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cabrera vs. Teixeira

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:42 am

MARLINHOMER wrote:You are comparing two very good young players, with similar, skills, age and potential.

But what would make me select Cabrera over Texeira is the impact of Carlos Delgado hitting behind him. I could see Cabrera getting alot more pitches to hit this year, reulting in better numbers.

Otherwise, flipping a coin could be just as good as all the analysis.

Good point about Delgado. I got too wrapped up in stressing the age importance in development... I tend think that lineup support is a bit overrated (except for a few select teams) especially with a talent like Cabrera but who was his protection? Lowell?

I think it was a very smart move for the Fins to bring in someone like Delgado. Great resume, carries himself well with a Hispanic backgroud. Miggy can only benefit from this move.

I do agree for 05, it's a toss up. Probably a slight edge to Teix since his second half was significantly better. But we still don't know. I won't doubt Miggy until he shows some sign of regression.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nola » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:14 pm

[quote="GameOn"]
Second, Cabrera's minor league stats are good...but they aren't ungodly like you make them out to be. He never hit more than 10 homers in a minor league season (his last season he only had 266 ABs though so I guess if you double it for about 500 ABs he would have had around 20).
quote]

That last minor league season ended when he got called up mid-season. He hit another 12 HRs for Florida.

Its a silly debate. Both are great young players. Both will PROBABLY get better. I have had both in a keeper league for the past 2 seasons and have followed each closely. Tex is more developed physically. Cabrera has great balance. Last season Tex upped his OBP 39 points to .370, and MCAB went up 41 to .366. Both young, both progressing quickly. Its too soon to judge long-term b/c both guys are still growing and learning.

And both guys need to get the Ks under control. Until I see Cabrera do that, I wouldn't try to compare him to Pujols (who I traded for the two of them).

In a keeper league, do you think Pujols for Cabrera and Tex was a solid deal? I've finished a close second for 2 years- to the guy who got Pujols...
nola
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:21 pm

nola wrote:
GameOn wrote:Second, Cabrera's minor league stats are good...but they aren't ungodly like you make them out to be. He never hit more than 10 homers in a minor league season (his last season he only had 266 ABs though so I guess if you double it for about 500 ABs he would have had around 20).
quote]

That last minor league season ended when he got called up mid-season. He hit another 12 HRs for Florida.

Its a silly debate. Both are great young players. Both will PROBABLY get better. I have had both in a keeper league for the past 2 seasons and have followed each closely. Tex is more developed physically. Cabrera has great balance. Last season Tex upped his OBP 39 points to .370, and MCAB went up 41 to .366. Both young, both progressing quickly. Its too soon to judge long-term b/c both guys are still growing and learning.

And both guys need to get the Ks under control. Until I see Cabrera do that, I wouldn't try to compare him to Pujols (who I traded for the two of them).

In a keeper league, do you think Pujols for Cabrera and Tex was a solid deal? I've finished a close second for 2 years- to the guy who got Pujols...

Appreciate your feedback... Based on what both have done so far in their professional career and without accounting for any catastrophic failure, Cabrera has much more potential.

As far as trading Pujols for Cabrera and Teixeira... I want to say it was a no brainer of a trade for you. But it all depends on who your other keepers are and who his keepers are.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:31 pm

i prefer miggy to tex by just a little...... but i would be happy with either one in a keeper...and would be insanely happy with both in a keeper....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers