Cabrera vs. Teixeira - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cabrera vs. Teixeira

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:29 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Yeah, I meant as high as Pujols. He'll hit mid .290, with tex somewhere between .285 and .290. Tex pretty much beat him in RBI, R, and HR in less AB last year so he'll probably lead by a fair margin this year.


Hmmm... Miggy is 22 years old and his season was as good as Teixeira's. And people still think Teixeira is better.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:41 pm

Tex had 5 more HR, and similar runs, same RBIs, lower average in 50 less AB, and hes only 23-24.... Plus he was hurt in the first half.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:56 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:Tex had 5 more HR, and similar runs, same RBIs, lower average in 50 less AB, and hes only 23-24.... Plus he was hurt in the first half.


Correction... Teixeira will be 25 in April, Cabrera will be 22 in April also.

Cabrera is 3 whole years older and put up the same numbers as Teix and you still think Teix is better? I honestly don't understand the love affair...
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:01 pm

Yoda wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Tex had 5 more HR, and similar runs, same RBIs, lower average in 50 less AB, and hes only 23-24.... Plus he was hurt in the first half.


Correction... Teixeira will be 25 in April, Cabrera will be 22 in April also.

Cabrera is 3 whole years older and put up the same numbers as Teix and you still think Teix is better? I honestly don't understand the love affair...

EDIT: My apologies. You were correcting yourself.

:-/

Anyway, long-term, Cab will probably be a slightly better player, but Tex is in a better lineup and a thinner position. He's also started producing, while Cab still has yet to reach his potential.

Tex is getting ready to peak. Cab is getting ready to get ready to peak. Pick how long you want to wait for the peak, then go from there.
Last edited by StlSluggers on Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Bloody Nipples » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:02 pm

I love both guys, but Tex is ahead of Cabrera, especially for this year.
Image
aka enderwiggin
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3745
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: doing my laundry...

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:03 pm

How about because he does it at a shallower position, and did it in 60 less AB (545 for Tex to MCabs 603) You think MCab would have beat him in runs, HR, or RBI with him getting 58 more AB in? Plus, maybe Tex isn't hurt in the first month? I don't understand what yourlove affair with MCab is.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:14 pm

CubsFan7724 wrote:How about because he does it at a shallower position, and did it in 60 less AB (545 for Tex to MCabs 603) You think MCab would have beat him in runs, HR, or RBI with him getting 58 more AB in? Plus, maybe Tex isn't hurt in the first month? I don't understand what yourlove affair with MCab is.


I actually don't love anyone. I try to be as objective as possible when it comes to fantasy baseball. Because when you start falling in love with certain players, you'll only end up disappointed.

That being said, your basis for why Teixeira will be better than Miggy is totally subjective. You are basing your entire opinion of two players on what happened in one season. You have failed to provide any other evidence other than Teix had 50 less ABs and hit more HRs therefore he will be better. If your argument included a comparison of minor league/colleg accomplishments, then it may hold water. But the fact is, even if we just compared the two based on 04, what Miggy did at 21 years old is FAR more impressive than what Teix did at 24.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:18 pm

What timeline are you looking at? You've never really said if you want to compare them short or long-term.

Short-term, I think Tex is the guy you have to take.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 14716
(Past Year: 10)
Joined: 24 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Yoda » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:20 pm

StlSluggers wrote:What timeline are you looking at? You've never really said if you want to compare them short or long-term.

Short-term, I think Tex is the guy you have to take.


Timeline is irrelevant. Miggy was 21. Teix was 24. Three years in professional baseball is a pretty big gap. Their numbers were pretty much the same with more power to Teix and higher average to Miggy.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:20 pm

Yoda wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:How about because he does it at a shallower position, and did it in 60 less AB (545 for Tex to MCabs 603) You think MCab would have beat him in runs, HR, or RBI with him getting 58 more AB in? Plus, maybe Tex isn't hurt in the first month? I don't understand what yourlove affair with MCab is.


I actually don't love anyone. I try to be as objective as possible when it comes to fantasy baseball. Because when you start falling in love with certain players, you'll only end up disappointed.

That being said, your basis for why Teixeira will be better than Miggy is totally subjective. You are basing your entire opinion of two players on what happened in one season. You have failed to provide any other evidence other than Teix had 50 less ABs and hit more HRs therefore he will be better. If your argument included a comparison of minor league/colleg accomplishments, then it may hold water. But the fact is, even if we just compared the two based on 04, what Miggy did at 21 years old is FAR more impressive than what Teix did at 24.
How is putting up same RBI and R and better HR in 60 less AB not evidence? He should get more AB this year, which logically, would mean more R, RBI, and HR. MCab won't get much more than he did last year. He also had monster college stats, which is why he was the 3rd overall pick, but I'm not sure where I can find those.
Image
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 6426
Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: AKA 34=Sweetness on FFC

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Jul. 12
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Cleveland
(3:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Baltimore
(4:05 pm)
Atlanta at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at San Francisco
(4:05 pm)
Toronto at Tampa Bay
(4:10 pm)
indoors
Miami at NY Mets
(4:10 pm)
St. Louis at Milwaukee
(4:10 pm)
Boston at Houston
(4:10 pm)
Minnesota at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati
(7:15 pm)
Washington at Philadelphia
(7:15 pm)
LA Angels at Texas
(7:15 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Oakland at Seattle
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact