Mike Piazza - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Mike Piazza

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby joshheines » Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:03 pm

wrveres wrote:
joshheines wrote:Piazza won a lot more playoff games with the Mets than he did with the Dodgers.

and that my friend is a good thing ... ;-D

But nobody awnsered my question though.. :-D

Do you think that, once the Mets are out of it in July, that they will trade him?

If the Mets are out of it in July they will SEEK to trade him, but who would accept a trade for Piazza who is owed, pro-rated, $8,000,000. It's not worth it for either team. I wanted the Mets to trade Piazza last trading deadline, it didn't happen. Now he has no value at the trading deadline.
It's easy, fun, and 100% safe!
joshheines
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby raiders_umpire » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:35 am

Amazinz wrote: the Mets will have the NL East just about wrapped up in July and the playoffs would be looming. ;-D

have u heard of a team called the Braves?????? :-D :-D IF the mets are out of it in july which is a possibility i dont see the mets moving piazza.... his salary(around 16 million) is too high for a team to take a chance on him for the stretch run,,,but if the mets were to pay a good portion of his salary, i think a AL team(maybe the angels, as they were rumored to be after him during the december meetings) might chance him at DH for the rest of the year....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to New York Mets