Dell Tech & Customer Support - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Dell Tech & Customer Support

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LBJackal » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:03 pm

I don't think it's a problem with Indian people... my best friend is Indian and he speaks better than I do - in two languages. It's not about skin colour it's about knowing how to talk properly. Of all jobs to get when you can't be understood properly, telephone customer service should be near the bottom.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:14 pm

LBJackal wrote:I don't think it's a problem with Indian people... my best friend is Indian and he speaks better than I do - in two languages. It's not about skin colour it's about knowing how to talk properly. Of all jobs to get when you can't be understood properly, telephone customer service should be near the bottom.

Right I agree that its not a problem with Indian people in general, but some of them that work for Dell can be very difficult to understand with their accent.

All race and ethnicity aside, they just seem to be very poorly trained at what they do. I explained my situation to a customer care person and they redirected me to tech support. The tech support guy couldn't answer the question and redirected me BACK to customer care. The person I talked to today basically said at first, "I don't have your information so I can't help you." She basically was gonna leave it at that until I offered to give her my customer number. She also wanted to dump me on to tech support again and I told her they've redirected me back to them. It was after all that, that she finally helped me with what I needed. This shouldn't be that big of a hassle.
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Rico The Retard » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:28 pm

dude, your getting a dell
fgfdsgdsfdasfd

"Hey honey, ya think KFC's still open"-Will Ferrell

Mark my words: Oliver Perez will be 2005 NL Cy Young Winner
Rico The Retard
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby LBJackal » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:30 pm

ironman wrote:
LBJackal wrote:I don't think it's a problem with Indian people... my best friend is Indian and he speaks better than I do - in two languages. It's not about skin colour it's about knowing how to talk properly. Of all jobs to get when you can't be understood properly, telephone customer service should be near the bottom.

Right I agree that its not a problem with Indian people in general, but some of them that work for Dell can be very difficult to understand with their accent.

That was in reply to Viper... wasn't meant to say you're being racist or anything, no worries :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Viper8437 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:39 pm

ironman wrote:

All race and ethnicity aside, they just seem to be very poorly trained at what they do. I explained my situation to a customer care person and they redirected me to tech support. The tech support guy couldn't answer the question and redirected me BACK to customer care. The person I talked to today basically said at first, "I don't have your information so I can't help you." She basically was gonna leave it at that until I offered to give her my customer number. She also wanted to dump me on to tech support again and I told her they've redirected me back to them. It was after all that, that she finally helped me with what I needed. This shouldn't be that big of a hassle.

i agree with this completely
i have to go through steps with them in helping to fix my dvd burner even though i knew they wouldnt work
the thing is that i just think that theyre new at the job and dont want to mess up so they follow all the guidelines and rules
its like theyre reading a script when theyre trying to help you with something even if some of their solutions dotn even make sense
but the reason theyre doing this is because theyre new at the job...its liek that for anyone
first couple day weeks or months on the job and your gonna want to do everything perfect cause you dont want to mess up early on
so give them time and once they get adjusted i think there will be an improvement

but yea...they can be realyl annoying
reyes is my homeboy
Viper8437
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JTWood » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:17 pm

I feel your pain. My employer outsourced our Helpless Desk to India.

Two weeks ago, my CDs uninstalled their drivers on their own, so I put in a "ticket request" with them. It was opened in 2 minutes... and closed in 3 minutes.

I never even call got a from a tech guy.

The only thing I hate more than call centers in India is quotas.

:-t
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Amazinz » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:37 am

I have a large contract with Dell (business not personal). Approximately $25K per year. When we first switched over to them their top-notch customer service was one of the reasons. Although lately, starting late 2004, they have grown so big that they aren't the same company anymore. The customer service has gone to crap and their response times to service requests are awful.

For personal use I slap together my own boxes also but for people who don't want the hassles and businesses that don't have the time, Dell equipment is top-notch. Just wish the CS still was. :-/
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:01 pm

I've only had one experience with Dell's customer service (or lack there of) and I was completely unimpressed. The person on the other end of the phone was on another continent and that's cool with me, but the problem was that I spoke with 5 different people and I might as well have been speaking to my 6 year old. They just flat didn't understand what I was saying and I had trouble understanding them. Dell's customer service needs some tweaking to say the least. :-/

My wife's company uses all Dell stuff and she says Dell's customer service is awful as well.

RugbyD wrote:If I recall correctly, isn't there a Dell ad running with a clean-cut, perfect-diction white boy being all chipper at 4am in the Dell customer service center?

Yes, that's them, but it's clearly not the case.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk